Intermediate Automotive Mechanic Job Summary:
The Marine Corps Prepositioning Program (MCPP) is based in Jacksonville, FL. We provide maintenance and logistics support to the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) and the U.S. Navy. We are seeking and Intermediate Automotive Mechanicfor our Jacksonville, FL location. This position maintains, services, inspects and repairs combustion-powered automotive vehicles, over-the-road trucks, and comparable vehicles such as light combat vehicles, and trucks as well as other motor transport equipment. Performs other tasks as assigned. Qualifications:
- Five (5) years directly related work experience.
- Certificate from a vocational school or other recognized source with a major study in electrical or automotive repair is preferred.
- In lieu of formal course work, a combination of college credits, on-the-job training, other formalized training, or experience may be considered.
- Completion of basic automotive mechanics course, or equivalent.
- Completion of the automotive organizational maintenance course, or equivalent.
- Completion of the automotive intermediate maintenance course, or equivalent.
- Completion of the advanced motor transport maintenance course.
- Possess a valid State Motor Vehicle Operation License.
- Ability to comply will all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules, applicable to this position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Teamwork / collaboration
- Acceptable work habits
- Stress Tolerance
- Customer Service Orientation
- Technical Skills
Posting ID: 556644645Posted: 2020-05-21