Please complete this application when you have time to go from start to finish. Application details cannot be saved along the way, and you must complete and submit the application in one sitting. If you leave your computer and return later, you may time out. REMINDER: Current DCSD employees must apply through their district log-on, this application is for external candidates only!Job Posting Title:
Kindergarten Prep Instructional Aide (Apply directly to Platte River Academy. Do NOT apply online with DCSD)
Job Description:Platte River Academy, a PK-8 Core Knowledge charter school in Highlands Ranch, is currently seeking a part-time Assistant Director for the 2020-2021 school year. Platte River Academy maintains high expectations for its students and teachers. We are in search of a qualified Instructional Aide who is passionate about supporting all aspects of a successful Kindergarten Prep program.
Position Specific Information (if Applicable): Responsibilities/Expectations:
- Knowledge of and compliance with the Colorado Rules and Regulations for Large Child Care Centers
- Work with the teachers to prepare and execute the curriculum.
- Support the teachers in all aspects of a well-run classroom and program
- Teach and monitor children when needed.
- Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in response to staff, students', and parents' needs
- Inform the Teachers of successes and concerns related to staff, students and parents
- Maintain classroom expectations and routines that promote cooperation and respect among all students.
- Assist with behavioral support as needed
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills. .
- Assist in ensuring that the curriculum plan is followed and that opportunities for students to learn and practice 21st century/essential skills.
- Work alongside colleagues to meet students' academic and social/emotional needs and complete tasks assigned by the teacher.
- Assist in effective communication with the Preschool community
- Establish relationships with students, parents, and teachers in support of all students' growth and success.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the PRA community.
- Model and promote PRA's core values: Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, and Compassion.
- Acquire knowledge of and adherence to the Colorado Rules and Regulations for Large Child Care Center Qualifications and Experience
- A willingness and commitment to work with a team
- Effective communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- A willingness to grow professionally and personally
- Experience in or knowledge of charter schools/Core Knowledge is a plus
- Experience with group care of children under the age of 6 years old
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Sign language skills a plus
- Annual At-will Employment Contract
- Beginning base salary: $20/hr (increased/decreased per qualification and experience and number of days actually worked)*
- PERA (Public Employees' Retirement Association of Colorado)
- Medical/Vision/Dental (90% Employer/10% Employee share) Cigna
- Life Insurance (full premium paid by PRA)
To apply, please attach a letter of interest, a current resume, and three professional references (including most recent supervisor/evaluator) to an email addressed to: Sandi Williams, Lead Director, Preschool (email@example.com ) Applications accepted until position is filled.
Maintain data collection regarding student progress/performance, including state mandated "Results Matter" data for Special Education Students and students identified as "at risk" by the Colorado Preschool Program; requires TS GOLD Basic Certification and Interrater Reliability Certification.
Cooperate with the special education team to help special education children meet Individual Educational Plan (IEP) goals.
Contribute to identified students' Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and attend IEP meetings.
Cooperate with team members to develop and implement Individual Learning Plans for at-risk students.
Assist ECE administration in day-to-day supervision of staff in own classroom through delegating, training, and providing insight and guidance.
Communicate regularly and effectively with students, parents, team, school, and school district community.
Communicate regularly with potential stakeholders and current families via classroom website creation and ongoing updates.
Coordinate and inform parents of scheduled in class activities, extra curricular activities, and other scheduled activities.
Conduct family conferences with each child's family to advise of child's progress and to develop rapport with families. Family and teaching staff will collaborate to identify child's areas of need and develop ideas for activities that will improve those areas.
Work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers.
Comply with all Colorado State Licensing requirements.
Perform responsibilities without the necessity of close supervision.
Meet attendance standards and work the hours necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
Observe all District policies and procedures.
Participate in ongoing formal and informal staff development.
Perform toileting duties and life skills instruction.
Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Design and maintain a physical and programmatic environment that appropriately supports and nurtures the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of all children in an inclusive classroom.
Plan and implement instruction consistent with the preschool curriculum, mandated components, and district initiatives (including the 4Cs and Child-Centered Instruction).
Develop and implement written plans for the daily activities that stimulate learning in all developmental areas (physical, social, emotional, and cognitive) for a group of children which involves some children identified with disabilities and those identified as "at-risk' through the Colorado Preschool Program.
Establish educational and social goals based on the composition of the children enrolled in accordance with Colorado State Licensing and Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP), as appropriate.
Use formal and informal methods to assess the abilities and needs of students.
Certifications:Early Childhood Professional - Colorado Department of Human Services, Early Childhood Teacher - Department of Human Services - Child Care Division, First Aid/CPR Certification - Colorado, Group Leader Certified - Department of Human Services, Universal Precautions Certificate - OSHA
Education:Bachelor's Degree: Early Childhood Education
Position Type:Charter School
Primary Location:PLATTE RIVER ACADEMY
One Year Only (Yes or No):No
Scheduled Hours Per Week:40
Approx Scheduled Days Per Year: (260 days indicatesa year-round position. Time off [or Off-Track Days] are thengranted based on the position. Any exceptions to the normal off-track time will be noted in the Additional Position Details section above, as scheduled work days.)
185 Work Days Minimum Hire Rate: (Based off a full-time FTE; if applicable, part-time salaries will be prorated)
$17.36 USD Hourly Maximum Hire Rate: (Based off a full-time FTE; if applicable, part-time salaries will be prorated)
$22.72 USD Hourly
Full Salary Range: (Based off a full-time FTE; if applicable, part time salaries will be prorated)
$17.36 USD - $28.08 USD Hourly
Closing Date (Ongoingif No Date Specified): Please note that the posting will be closed as of 12:01 am on the day specified (if applicable).
May 28, 2020