Please complete this application when you have time to go from start to finish. Application details cannot be saved along the way, and you must complete and submit the application in one sitting. If you leave your computer and return later, you may time out. REMINDER: Current DCSD employees must apply through their district log-on, this application is for external candidates only!Job Posting Title:
Assistant Director - Kindergarten Prep ( Apply directly to Platte River Academy. Do NOT apply online with DCSD)
Job Description:Platte River Academy, a PK-8 Core Knowledge charter school in Highlands Ranch, is currently seeking a part-time Assistant Director for the 2020-2021 school year. Platte River Academy maintains high expectations for its students and teachers. We are in search of a qualified Co-Director who is passionate about supporting all aspects of a successful Kindergarten Preparation program.
Position Specific Information (if Applicable): Responsibilities / Expectations:
Qualifications and Experience
- A knowledge of and compliance with the Colorado Rules and Regulations for Large Child Care Centers
- Work with the Lead Director,Assistant Director, and teachers to establish, evaluate, and revise curriculum.
- Work closely with the Lead Director in planning, managing, marketing, and directing a preschool.
- Teach and monitor children when needed.
- Maintain center paperwork, ensuring compliance with state and local agencies
- Supervise and assist in the evaluation of teachers, provide mentoring and training to help teachers improve their skills
- Serve as Acting Director
- Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in response to staff, students', and parents' needs
- Inform the Lead Director of successes and concerns related to staff, students and parents
- Maintain classroom expectations and routines that promote cooperation and respect among all students.
- Assist with behavioral support as needed
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a familiarity with the Core Knowledge Sequence and engage in collaborative planning with the KPrep Team; assisting in planning inquiry-based learning experiences.
- Assist in ensuring that the curriculum plan is followed and that opportunities for students to learn and practice 21st century/essential skills are provided.
- Work alongside colleagues to meet students' academic and social/emotional needs.
- Communicate effectively with the KPrep, PRA, and surrounding community
- Interface with members of the public via phone, written communication, and events
- Establish relationships with students, parents, and colleagues in support of all students' growth and success.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the PRA community.
- Model and promote PRA's core values: Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, and Compassion.
- Ensure team knowledge of and adherence to the Colorado Rules and Regulations for Large Child Care Center
- Complete administrative duties as tasked by the Lead Director
- All Candidates must be qualified as a Large Child Care Director as outlined by the Colorado Rules and Regulations (Office of Early Learning)
- All candidates must have a valid teaching license issued by the Colorado Department of Education and be Highly Qualified to teach Early Childhood.
- A willingness and commitment to work with a team
- Effective communication skills
- Proven ability develop and maintain a strong school culture between staff, students, and parents
- Professional demeanor
- A willingness to grow professionally and personally
- Experience in or knowledge of charter schools/Core Knowledge is a plus
- 185 - day work year per 2020-21 school calendar
- Annual At-will Employment Contract
- Beginning base salary: $40K (increased/decreased per qualification and experience and number of days actually worked)*
- PERA (Public Employees' Retirement Association of Colorado)
- Medical/Vision/Dental (90% Employer/10% Employee share) Cigna
- Life Insurance (full premium paid by PRA)
To apply, please attach a letter of interest, a current resume, and three professional references (including most recent supervisor/evaluator) to an email addressed to: Sandi Williams, Lead Director, PRA KPrep Program (email@example.com ) Applications accepted until position is filled.
Oversee and direct staff and children of Preschool child care programs to ensure a safe, fun, enriching and developmentally appropriate environment for children, which would include planning and implementing instruction.
Ensure program compliance with State and local regulations, including staff and children records, program policies and procedures, staff supervision, program activities, and facility requirements.
Manage financial operations of the program, including reviewing and monitoring and financial reports, collecting funds and maintaining of family accounts, processing payments to vendors, and developing and monitoring of annual budget. Work closely with Early Childhood Bookkeeper. Ensure operations comply with District Business Services policies and procedures.
Provide human resource functions such as recruiting, hiring, scheduling, training, evaluating, mentoring, disciplining, and terminating of childcare staff. Ensure operations comply with District Human Resources policies.
Develop, maintain, and enforce site and District behavioral expectations of children and staff.
Develop and maintain effective communication among children, program, school, parent community, and district. May be required to attend school, community, and /or district functions.
Purchase supplies and maintain supply inventory for program.
Administer minor first aid and medication; ensure childcare staff members are trained according to State regulations and District Health Services policies.
Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Certifications:Large Director Certification - Colorado Department of Human Services
Education:High School or Equivalent (Required)
Position Type:Charter School
Primary Location:PLATTE RIVER ACADEMY
One Year Only (Yes or No):No
Scheduled Hours Per Week:20
Approx Scheduled Days Per Year: (260 days indicatesa year-round position. Time off [or Off-Track Days] are thengranted based on the position. Any exceptions to the normal off-track time will be noted in the Additional Position Details section above, as scheduled work days.)
185 Work Days Minimum Hire Rate: (Based off a full-time FTE; if applicable, part-time salaries will be prorated)
$18.19 USD Hourly Maximum Hire Rate: (Based off a full-time FTE; if applicable, part-time salaries will be prorated)
$23.20 USD Hourly
Full Salary Range: (Based off a full-time FTE; if applicable, part time salaries will be prorated)
$18.19 USD - $28.21 USD Hourly
Closing Date (Ongoingif No Date Specified): Please note that the posting will be closed as of 12:01 am on the day specified (if applicable).
May 28, 2020