Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a customer-driven, single-source, self-performing construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design-Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our customers. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and the only one with all eight M.E.P (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Automation, Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection) design and installation capabilities in-house. We perform more than $800 million of construction projects per year with over 2,700 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain dedicated, knowledgeable and seasoned professionals to become part of the Shambaugh team, as we continue to build on our 90+ year Shambaugh success story.
At Shambaugh, we recognize people as our most important resource and it is our mission to produce the industry's highest level of quality services and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.Job Summary:
In this position you will be responsible for using a universal welder to make cuts and welds on steel pipe.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints and drawings
- Take measurements to plan layouts
- Set up welding machine according to specifications
- Weld components using semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Test all machine welds to ensure quality
- Weld by hand any leaks found in quality penetration die test
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of welding experience
- Read tape measure
- Pipe welding and welding certificates a plus
- Good attendance and a positive attitude are critical
- Must be able to communicate ideas, thoughts, etc. both verbally and in written form
- Must be able to work Saturday (will count against attendance record if missed)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to push, pull or lift up to 50lbs regularly
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, and walk for 8-12 hour shifts
- Ability to pass a drug test
#CB2We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled Shambaugh is deeply committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all its job applicants and employees. We seek to employ qualified persons in all job classifications and to administer all personnel actions affecting our employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, ancestry, or genetic information. Individuals with a disability, disabled and other protected veterans and any other characteristic protected by applicable law will be given the fullest consideration for employment in positions for which they are qualified. We also are committed to making reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability as well as abiding by any and all state and local laws, which in addition to the above prohibit discrimination in any form.
Posting ID: 556644741Posted: 2020-05-21