Description:Job Profile Summary (paragraph form):
Creates a sanitary, safe environment and enhances the appearance of the facility. Responsibilities:
- Cleans patient rooms, ancillary areas, exam rooms, offices, waiting areas, public restrooms, discharge rooms and other assigned areas.
- Stocks paper items and other supplies in patient rooms, exam rooms and restroom as necessary.
- Follows scripting, policies and procedures on patient isolation and all Environmental Services technical and procedural standard operating procedures.
- Follows and adheres to all hospital wide and departmental safety requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Languages:Certifications:Complexity of Work:
- High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED) preferred.
- Requires attention to detail, ability to follow directions and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Requires one to three months on-the-job training to learn departmental policies and procedures, various cleaning techniques, proper use and storage of cleaning agents and chemicals.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Typical physical demands require a full range of body motion.
- Duties may be performed while standing or walking for the majority of the shift.
- The ability to stoop, stretch and lift while performing duties is required.
- Requires regular handling and use of disinfectants and other cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 556644770Posted: 2020-05-21