Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
Lead highly complex enterprise efforts that require a strong background supporting the IBM DOORS Next Generation (DNG) product, administering, managing DNG projects, artifacts, modules, attributes, linking, exporting, importing, troubleshooting and report generation.
Duties & Responsibilities
You Must Have:
- Develop and maintain DNG schemas and maintain projects including architecture of modules, artifacts objects, schemas, generating and managing the lifecycle (import / export) of templates
- Define and implement requirements management best practices using DNG
- Support DNG users by providing expert knowledge, training, schema design expertise, and administration services to project teams
- Develop processes to generate status and traceability reports, metrics, and documents using the Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) and Report Builder
- Import documents from various source files, create and populate attributes, create link types and manage access, support integration to other enterprise systems
- Initiate and work support tickets with the vendor to address application issues
- Provide day to day support, including loading patches and upgrades for the existing DNG implementation in a Red Hat environment, with an Oracle database
- Demonstrate project management skills and serve as a technical lead on IT projects
- Provide technical guidance and business process expertise, technical leadership, and coaching to team members
- Identify opportunities to maintain technical currency of software for continuous improvement
- Participate in planning sessions with customers to improve business processes and prioritize investments
- Works closely with Technical Review Board and Enterprise Architects to assure all systems are in line with the long-term corporate and IT strategy
- Bachelor's degree in an IT Discipline (Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering or similar).
- Demonstrated experience serving as a Technical Lead on large enterprise projects
- Demonstrated broad level industry knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with integration of DNG to other enterprise commercial off the shelf (COTS) systems
- JOB ID: req230406
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 9221 Ward Parkway,Kansas City,Missouri,64114,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.