Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
This position is for an experienced technical project lead engineer/Control Account Manager (CAM) in an Electrical Purchased Products Engineering Department. The candidate will perform a critical role in Honeywell's Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and will be responsible for planning, coordination and achievement of all work with a Control Account (CA) including providing management of technical scope, risk, schedule and cost.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You Must Have:
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Basis of Estimate (BOE) with project team
- Plan the work and identify tasks and sequence to accomplish the assigned scope
- Work with the Project Planning and Control Analyst to incorporate the tasks into the schedule by defining duration and relationships. Incorporate control milestones and load resources.
- Responsible for managing technical performance of the Control Account (CA) and for supporting all customer meetings and data requests pertaining to the CA.
- Prepare and participate in Program Reviews, Baseline Reviews, Readiness Reviews and other project or management reviews
- Verification and control of costs charged to the CA including actual costs
- Review Estimate to Complete/Estimate at Completion (EAC/ETC) and develop new estimate as required
- Determination of work accomplished including Earned Value
- Flow down CA work scope to supporting departments and tasking contributors via the agreement of work packages
- Conduct formal cost and schedule variance analysis and the development of any recovery plans required to recover schedule or cost variances
- Identify potential technical, schedule and cost risks and enter them into the Risk Registry
- Track milestones
- Initiate change requests as required
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy ""Q"" level security clearance
- BS in Business, Technology or related discipline, or equivalent combination of formal education and experience
- Four (4) or more years of experience in product/project planning, scheduling, and execution
- Must have three (3) or more years of work experience directly analyzing complex technical data and information in engineering, scientific or manufacturing
- Five (5) or more years directly applied engineering experience in a technology and/or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Project Management and EVMS experience
- BS degree in an engineering or engineering management is advantageous
- JOB ID: req230401
- Category: Business Management
- Location: 6700 W 115th St,Overland Park,Kansas,66211,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 556644809Posted: 2020-05-21