Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.Summary
Assists in the development, maintenance, and implementation of technical and security related classification policies directed by the Department of Energy Office of Classification (DOE OC). Advises and educates personnel in the application of Classification guidance relevant to the Kansas City National Security Campus mission. Responsible for the coordination of classification policies and guidance with the KCNSC Classification Officer, DOE OC, and other Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE) entities.Duties and Responsibilities:
You Must Have:
- Works extensively with engineers, scientists, and program management on technical related topics and their relation to DOE Classification Guidance
- Applies engineering/scientific technical knowledge base to apply classification guidance and make derivative classification determinations related to manufacturing and production activities
- Demonstrates ability to interpret technical manufacturing related documents such as fabrication drawings, schematics, and others
- Interprets DOE Orders, makes recommendations to management and/or implements security policies and procedures to ensure compliance by all subcontractor and associates
- Assist the CO in making classification and Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information (UCNI)
- determinations in accordance with existing DOE classification policies and procedures
- The Classification Analyst provides expert analysis in the development and interpretation of local classification and Sensitive Unclassified Information guidance
- Initiates classification and declassification reviews for documents originated within the company
- Applies engineering related principles and concepts to assure that reports, press releases, publications, scientific papers, journal articles, etc., concerning potentially classified subject areas are reviewed for classified and sensitive information
- May deliver periodic lectures, training, and briefings to keep KCNSC derivative classification
- Bachelors Degree in technical related field or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
- US Citizenship needed to obtain and maintain required US government security clearance.
- Current derivative classification certification valued
- Must possess communication skills in one-on-one situations and group settings.
- Must be able to document information and data clearly and concisely
- Ability to provide technical guidance, project management, consultative services, and innovative
- Must be able to obtain DOE HQ certification as a Classification Analyst and Derivative Declassifies
- JOB ID: req229814
- Category: Business Services
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 556644810Posted: 2020-05-21