When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.How will you make an impact?
Assembles metal components of various gauges and dimensions and spot weld for stress and position, according to design specifications and company quality standards using a resistance spot welder. Operated a variety of metal fabrication equipment to cut, bend, shape, and form metal parts according to design specifications and quality standards.What will you do?
- Selects and assembles specified parts - positioning at welder, in fixtures and/or lay out. Spot-weld various components for stress and position using a resistance spot welder. Visually inspects product for defects, measures dimensions or makes adjustments as needed to maintain company quality standards and specified tolerances. Moves products to and from various welding stations.
- Makes adjustments to the spot welder as needed, to include changing the welding arm, welding tips, welding temperature, hold, squeeze, count etc. Makes minor adjustments to parts such as bending, cutting, grinding, and polishing welds.
- Maintains specified department records of set-up time and parts produced. Maintains and orders parts as required. Responsible for keeping machines in good working condition by performing daily routine maintenance checks as required.
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
How will you get here?
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices within guidelines of ISO standards, quality, and safety. Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety and efficiency.
- Engages, initiates, and suggest initiatives that support team goals and continuous improvement in process.
- Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions of others regarding production issues and goals.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, serves as a role model in the workplace. Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
- Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete Performance Management and Development (PMD) annual review process.
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 3- 6 month manufacturing experience preferred.
- Prior Brazing and/or spot welding experience preferred
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
- Beginner Computer skills or willingness to learn.
- Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels, and work instructions.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Posting ID: 556644874Posted: 2020-05-21