When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Removes parts/products from conveyor belt and places in rack or container.
- Moves finished pieces to storage area using caster based carts, etc.
- Removes product from conveyor and examines coating for smears, runs, incomplete painting, and similar flaws.
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following all personal and environmental safety guidelines.
- Determines the next step in production by following OPS and places parts in designated area based on distribution needs; material handler, tugger, paint market, silk screen, etc.
- Inspects work piece for defects (welds, paint imperfections, scratches, dents, etc.), determine non-conformance, and next step of production.
- Marks identifying code, kanban card, etc., on work piece to indicate destination for further processing.
- Secures parts to skid for transition to next production area.
- Transfers items to and from work area using hand truck, jack up truck, hand carts, etc., based on part to be moved.
- Works throughout paint production areas to accomplish goals by demonstrating ability and willingness to work with others when needed.
- Places or racks work pieces on conveyor.
- Trains other on job duties, quality goals, material tracking, company guidelines, etc., and serves as a positive role model in the work place.
- Utilizes SAP shared plant-wide to accomplish and track production goals.
- Inspects parts for paint millage (thickness), performs physicals at determined intervals.
- Inspects product to verify that optional/custom changes have been made according to OPS or other internal documents.
- Pays special attention to PPE and JSA (Job Safety Analysis) guidelines based on part to be handled, etc. to insure safe handling.
- Places parts onto conveyor that carries them between spray nozzles.
- Plans and prepares for work load by paying attention to work in process when possible.
- Participates on Continuous Quality Improvement and supports PPI projects.
- Works in teams to accomplish overall plant goals regarding safety, efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Operates hand tools equipped with air hose, hydraulic lift, etc., to accomplish production goals.
- Sets up units along conveyor line to coat metal by determining flow speed and hanging accordingly.
- Attends meetings such as safety, PPI, KEYS, start-up meetings, etc, when asked to do so.
- Cleans surfaces, using hand scraper, wire brush, sandpaper, etc, depending on task to be performed.
- Uses sandpaper, wire brush, or steel wool to remove rust from metal.
- Maintains condition of hangers/hooks, by preparing for cleaning and utilization.
- Cleans work area solvents or soap and water.
- Marks work piece with non-conforming tag to determine and type of repair needed.
- Place orders using material request order found on computer system to maintain items needed in daily production to insure constant flow with no down-time.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Experience Requirements: One to three years' experience in manufacturing, construction, or industrial setting.
- Previous experience with overhead conveyor paint room operations is preferred.
- Ability to maneuver paint department pieces by hand in a repetitive manner conductive to efficiency, job specifications, safety, and quality goals.
- Ability to stand, lift, bend, stretch, reach constantly and repetitively to accomplish paint production and other company-wide production goals in a cold/hot work environment while periodically being exposed to noise, fumes, dust and dirt and working with an overhead conveyor.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift and maneuver parts weighing up to 50-60 lbs, requesting assistance from others when needed.
- Ability to compare color of paint supply with color chart to confirm part is in spec.
- Ability to receive parts and sort based on process (color, etc.), verify count, etc., and enter actual data into computer system.
- Other Skills: Ability to work in team environment and communicate well with others.
- Computer Experience: Ability to maintain basic knowledge of SAP and Windows Operating System.
This position has not been approved for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 556644875Posted: 2020-05-21