Sr. Product Manager, Reproductive Health
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like improving products and services for reproductive health, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.Location/Division Specific Information
US - Santa Clara, CA, US-South San Francisco, CA
GSD, LSGHow will you make an impact?
The Reproductive Health (RH) Business Unit is highly mission-driven, committed to advancing solutions around the world to ultimately improve the reproductive health continuum from preconception, family planning, to assisted pregnancy, prenatal testing and new born and post-natal diagnosis. The RH team works across all genetic analysis platforms (qPCR, CE, Microarray, and NGS) to ensure the voice of the RH customer is brought into product portfolio. The RH business utilizes these powerful platforms to provide complete solutions designed for meeting the RH customers' unmet.
The Sr. Product manager for Reproductive Health will serve as the product champion and be responsible for the product introduction, training, support and life cycle management for our pre-natal reproductive health products. This person will develop business cases and own all product management responsibilities for the growing portfolio of productsWhat will you do?
The Sr. Product Manager of Reproductive Health (RH) Product Management will play a vital role in the success of the Reproductive Health organization by driving the strategy and product portfolio focused on the pre-natal segment.
- Manage a portfolio of new and existing products and ensure their commercial success
- Define market requirements and synthesize customer input by conducting VOC and market research to understand key market trends, use cases, customer requirements, user and buyer personas, and competitive activities across geographies and market segments
- Work closely with global market development to define go-to-market strategy including support for global product launch activities including positioning, value proposition, sales training, collateral and demand generation strategies.
- Develop relationships with key opinion leaders that can become product advocates, provide business insights, identify market needs and trends, and become beta testers for new products.
- Be the voice of customers guiding cross-functional product development teams ensure the team can deliver the product solutions meet or exceed customer's expectations.
- Inspire, influence, and empower employees across the matrix (both direct and indirect teams) to over-achieve objectives. Proven capability to work within a highly-matrixed environment effectively and efficiently.
- Leverage the classical four P's to continue to strengthen our leadership position in the pre-natal space.
How will you get here?
- Partner with global commercial organization to ensure the successful commercialization of new products.
- Creative, independent thinker capable of recognizing the most effective and efficient way to get things done.
- Strong initiative and ability to take ownership of challenging problems involving disparate parties. Demonstrated problem solving skills in situations involving conflicting constraints and pressure.
- Bachelor's degree in a life science discipline required. Masters, Ph.D. or M.B.A degree a plus.
- 6+ years of product marketing in Life Sciences, or Genomics
- Experience in defining product requirements and working with cross-functional teams to ensure the development of products based on business requirements.
- Track record in interacting with customers and various internal organizations.
- Experience developing and achieving regulatory approval for diagnostic products is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated success in new product development and commercialization of Genomics reagents and consumables.
- Ability to effectively influence customers, partners, vendors, and internal staff as required
- Demonstrated success working in a global matrixed-environment.
- Ability to influence and promote enthusiasm and support through verbal, written and presentation communications skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, both domestic and internationally, as required
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values - Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I's)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com