Job Title: Sample Prep Automation Product Manager
Requisition ID: 117142BR
Location: Onsite in either Carlsbad, CA OR Austin, TXWhat will you do?
The Product Manager within the Biosciences Division will lead the global strategic planning for the automation reagents sample preparation portfolio. This portfolio is focused on the purification of nucleic acids on our automated platforms while acting as the liaison between the customer, commercial marketing, and sales channel organizations. The Product Manager will be responsible for developing portfolio strategy with a strong focus on the 5-year vision for new product development and lead from discovery, launch, and post-launch assessment. You will lead the global portfolio for (Product line) Thermo Scientific from cradle to grave and act as the liaison between the customer, commercial marketing, and sales channel.
Responsibilities include defining customer segments, developing global campaigns and programs, market and opportunity assessment, demand generation, strategic ventures, and customer loyalty using multiple marketing and financial tools. The successful candidate will drive short to long term strategy via delivery of application and product roadmaps, new technology introductions, partnerships, licensing, competitive benchmarking, sales channel optimization, and product life cycle management.
The Product Manager will lead the new opportunity assessment for discovery (market size, trends, unmet needs, competitive position, IP, value proposition) phase, justification (financials, NPV, payback, capital) phase, launch, and post launch assessment. Additional responsibilities include relationship management with key opinion leaders as well as working across the company to uncover hybrid and or synergistic product, selling, and marketing opportunities.Key Responsibilities:
How will you get there?
- Marketing Program Execution - Work with marketing communications, e-business, operations, and regional selling organization to create, introduce, and drive global marketing activities, including, but not limited to, product promotions, product bundle offers, cross selling and internal facing sales tools
- Ensure that proper print collateral, electronic material and tools are available and stake holding teams are trained for efficient and effective deployment and optimal ROI.
- Implement marketing communication tactics, including website content updates, application notes, electronic and printed literature, newsletters and articles
- Provide competitive benchmarking and positioning to commercial sales
- Commercial Support - Maintain relationships with key customers to develop them into reference customers to help sales and plan next gen products via VOC collection
- Creates and performs global product and market application training to direct and indirect sales teams
- Works closely with Sales Management, Commercial Marketing, and Applications to create training on market segment trends, products, positioning by segment, competition, and customer profiles.
- Act as main contact for channel partners in North America and facilitate programs through business development and commercial marketing teams located in Asia Pacific, Latin America, and European Markets
- Create annual marketing campaigns to drive performance in the annual operating plan
- Attend tradeshows, sales meetings, and other activities to support customers and revenue growth.
- BS degree in Science or equivalent experience, MBA degree preferred.
This position has NOT been approved for relocation assistance.Professional Characteristics:
- 5 years of work experience within the Life Sciences, Applied Sciences, or Clinical vertical markets
- 7 years Product Management, Market Manager, Business Development, or Commercial Marketing experience, preferably on a global scale.
- Strategic thinker, able to create strategy, and adapt to grow faster than the market
- Experience with CRM database programs, such as Salesforce.com
- Must possess strong interpersonal, presentation, communication (verbal and written) and influencing skills.
- Proven track record of managing multiple complex individual and team assignments autonomously and executing on time.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to influence others.
- A team player with a bias for action and driving projects to fruition.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%-50% domestically and internationally (depending on location)
- Applications or laboratory experience in life science considered a plus.
- Courageous, outgoing, analytical, strategic, disciplined, agile, team-oriented
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team through influence in a matrix organizational structure
- Results and solution-driven with ability to think creatively
- Proactively cooperate with other departments to create holistic marketing programs and campaigns that align with internal processes
- Ability to effectively present to higher levels of organizations, internally and externally
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships internal and external to the organization
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.