Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.We have the honor and responsibility of working in food - a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities...this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.Take a look at how Michael Foods is giving back to the community during this difficult time!https://lnkd.in/e8EVU2Z
This position is responsible to comply with safety work rules at all times and has an obligation to reinforce safety as a core value. Ensure that all policies, procedures and activities, related to food safety & quality are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability. Ensure regulatory compliance.
Runs, cleans and maintains extended run fillers to ensure that all finished products meet customer, MFI and USDA specifications.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes personal responsibility to ensure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Ensures regulatory compliance.
- Adhere to quality work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Set up, run, clean, conduct preventive maintenance (PM), troubleshoot extended run fillers, i.e.:
- Custom Tote/Pail Filler and Pail Lidder
- Scholle Tote Filler
- Follows all SOP's for production/sanitation.
- Accurately maintain all required documentation in real time.
- Proactively plan and lead changeover activities for fillers and date coding, making sure the appropriate supervisor is aware of the resources mechanics, materials, and communications needed.
- Alerts the supervisor when mechanical problems occur.
- Ensures GMP and sanitation practices are maintained and leads all related room activities.
- Ensures a safe work environment.
- Ensures line OEE targets and material shrinkage targets are met.
- Maintains active communication with ESL pasteurizer operators to ensure efficient operation.
- Actively engages in continuous improvement efforts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Adhere to safe work practices, Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
- 2 + years of experience operating machinery, and handling GMP's and product specifications.
- SPC (weight control)
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate and get along with other employees.
- Ability to read SOP's.
- Basic computer skills, necessary to operate equipment controls.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Posting ID: 556644914Posted: 2020-05-21