Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
At Viral Vector Services (VVS) a division of Thermo Fisher Scientific we deliver, from process development through commercial supply, we offer the expertise and resources necessary to help clients deliver innovative gene therapies. Placed in the forefront of our leading and cutting edge Cell and Gene Therapy business enabling clients to cure genetic, rare, and otherwise untreatable diseases.How will you make an impact?
The ADA laboratories develop protein-based and analytical chemistry-based assays to support process development and quality control of biopharmaceutical products being developed and manufactured at VVS. Routine assays and testing include but are not limited to ELISAs, immunochemistry, protein based (SDS-PAGE, capillary electrophoresis), HPLC and AUC. The Lead Scientist position will be primarily focused on ELISA assays, including the improvement of current assays and development of new assays. The successful candidate will understand the theory of ELISAs and have extensive experience in the design and performance of the assays, will be able to troubleshoot and optimize assays, as well as supervise and train scientists. The Lead Scientist will be expected to technically interpret and review data, compile data for reports, write standard operating procedures and to participate in laboratory investigations. The Lead Scientist will serve as a project lead and interact/present data to clients.What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Serve as Assay Development Project Lead - communicating data and leading analytical development of projects in the Process Development workstream
- Train scientists and serve as SME for ELISAs methods
- Review assay reports generated in the ADA laboratory
- Perform, document and report routine assays to support Process Development in the ADA laboratory
- Develop new assays with the assay development team
- Write and revise SOPs, URS, and summary reports
- Trouble shoot assays and equipment
- Maintain laboratory supplies and reagents
- B.S. in Biochemistry, Biology or related field with 5 years hands-on experience
- Masters with 2 years hands-on experience, or Ph.D in Biochemistry or related field is preferred
- Hands-on laboratory experience, 2+ years or more, with the performance of ELISAs, including technical understanding of assay principles is required, other relevant technical expertise may be considered
- Adhere to OSHA policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 556644950Posted: 2020-05-21