Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
You Must Have:
- Performs visual, mechanical, and electrical inspection functions which do not require electrical or electronic knowledge, on electrical, mechanical, or electromechanical parts or materials to determine conformance to predetermined limits
- Performs mechanical and physical electrical inspection using equipment which is go-no-go or is calibrated directly in the unit being measured
- Electrical test results do not require interpretation or analysis and no electrical adjustments of the item being tested are required
- Minor adjustments of test equipment not requiring knowledge of electrical circuitry may be necessary. Uses gages, test equipment, and other tools and devices necessary to the performance of the task
- Records and is responsible for the accuracy of inspection data
- Responsible for proper handling of parts, including packaging and for proper care of equipment used. Inspects the product for proper packaging prior to release from the department
- Responsible for preparation of parts and inspection for detection of surface flaws by use of dye penetrant methods, determination of dimensions and finishes, conformance to specifications for rejection or acceptance of an item
- Requires a working knowledge of arithmetic. Initiates and/or completes necessary qualityrecords, test data, and other associated paperwork required to accomplish acceptance, rejection, and movement of material
- Works from prints, drawings, sketches, specifications, packing sheets and other written or verbal instructions
- May perform in-process inspection
- May check and top off lubricants as necessary
- Responsible for complying with applicable provisions of Article 19. Health, Safety, and Environment of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- U.S. Citizen (capable of obtaining and maintaining a DOE Q level security clearance)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) or more years' related experience to include experience using sophisticated dimensional measurement instruments, micrometers, calipers, plug thread, radius and other gauges
- Experience evaluating products or materials to ensure design requirements are met
- Working knowledge of schematics and blueprints
- Ability to carry up to 20 pounds and lift up to 40 pounds
- Willingness and ability to work rotating shifts as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills to include Microsoft applications
- Experience supporting customers that demand high levels of quality
- Ability to partner with colleagues for mutual benefit
- Ability to positively influence others and create a passion for excellence
- JOB ID: req230616
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 556644963Posted: 2020-05-21