Security Officer (Retail Loss Prevention)Job Description
Use your experience in retail loss prevention to launch an exciting career as a Security Officer with one of the nation's leading retailers! Boscov's is a chain of full service department stores serving the total family needs of our customers. For nearly 100 years, Boscov's has been known for its great values and famous brands, and for offering a broad selection of quality merchandise in its stores and online. We are looking for retail Security Officers to join our growing Loss Prevention team.
As a Security Officer, you will use your experience in loss prevention to reduce profitability losses due to theft or incorrect business procedures in a dynamic retail environment. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in security and retail operations asset management with a company known for quality and big savings, apply today!Job Responsibilities
As a Security Officer, you will perform loss prevention as part of the retail operations team. You will be responsible for guarding, patrolling, and monitoring premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules.
Additional responsibilities of the Security Officer include:
- Providing loss prevention support and awareness through policies, procedures, and personal involvement
- Providing surveillance and assisting police with apprehensions of shoplifters
- Conducting store opening and closing procedures
- Performing safety audits, safety, and fire prevention and inspections
- Answering alarm responses
- Performing insurance inspections and investigations
Successful candidates for the Security Officer role should have effective communication skills and the interpersonal skills required to work with customers, management, and coworkers. Someone who has strong analytical and problem solving skills and is looking for a challenging opportunity working in a dynamic retail environment would be a good fit for this retail operations role.
Additional requirements of the Security Officer include:
- Prior experience in retail loss prevention, preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Availability to work varied schedules, including evenings, weekends, early openings, and late closings
At Boscov's, we value our employees, and that's why we provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. As a member of our retail operations team, you will be eligible to receive:
Work where people love to shop!
- Competitive hourly starting rate based on experience
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Vacations and Personal days
- Liberal Employee Discounts
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Much More!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting ID: 556729734Posted: 2021-04-23Job Title: Detective