Who We Are
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Inventory Accounting Manager plans, organizes, directs, and controls inventory transaction processing operations. Uses a broad knowledge of accounting principles and procedures to account for inventory, oversee inventory related internal controls and project manage operating efficiency and control improvement initiatives.
What You Will Do
- Works with inventory staff, supply chain finance, plant and IT personnel to develop optimal flow of inventory data for cost accounting system.
- Establishing, implementing and documenting new policies and procedures related to inventory.
- Performs month-end accounting activities, including preparing, reviewing and analyzing all inventory related entries to the ledger and financial statements to provide accurate inventory valuation and reporting.
- Trains, develops and manages the performance of 2 inventory staff providing ongoing training, feedback and timely performance and pay reviews.
- Oversee the direct store delivery (DSD) inventory and implement best practices throughout the field.
- Main point of contact for the Microsoft D365 ERP implementation for inventory.
- Manages item setup and BOM cost changes in ERP. Also, work closely with Retail Operations and Procurement on item set up and maintenance.
- Monitors manual and system purchase orders and receipts co-pack activity. Research and reconcile inventory discrepancies.
- Manages annual standard costing process across all categories.
- Performs monthly purchase price variance and inventory adjustment analysis; review the updated standard material costs for items with large purchase price variances.
- Analyze quarterly inventory obsolescence and challenge provision for reserve. Make recommendation on provision balance required and process changes as necessary.
- Perform count variance analysis for mid-year and year-end physical inventory (PI) and reconcile inventory and adjustment impact before and after PI.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of inventory sub-ledger to general ledger.
- Prepares schedules and analysis required for external audit.
- Ad hoc analysis related to inventory and COGS fluctuations.
Who You Are
- A minimum of 5-7 years' experience in accounting with hands-on supervisory experience with manufacturing and multi-site inventory operations.
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems. Experience with system integrations and development of automated processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills.
- S. or B.A. required.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
Posting ID: 556729867Posted: 2020-05-01