SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a RegisteredRespiratory Therapist(RRT)
to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. HCA Houston Healthcare West- Houston, TXRegistered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
HCA Houston Healthcare West is a full-service 266 bed hospital that provides a range of health services. It is recognized as a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and, under an affiliation agreement with The Woman's Hospital of Texas, brings to its community The Woman's Hospital of Texas at West Houston, a three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar Land Cancer Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, departments with HCA Houston Healthcare West, are located on the Southwest Freeway at the Williams Trace and Sugar Lakes exit.
HCA Houston Healthcare West is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. Responsibilities:
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic clinical procedures as defined in the Respiratory Care Services scope of clinical practice. Work performed in accordance with physician orders. Defined duties are performed in neonatal, pediatric and adult patient populations.
- Recognizes life threatening situations and initiates appropriate response.
- Perform CPR and bag- mask ventilation, adult, pediatric, and neonatal ventilation.
- Administer aerosolized medication via Intermittent Positive Pressure Breathing (IPPB), Intermittent Aerosol Therapy (IAT) and Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI).
- Perform pulse oximetry monitoring. Perform arterial blood gas punctures. Perform bedside pulmonary mechanics. Diagnostic cardiopulmonary procedures, EKGs and cardiac monitoring. Transport patients within the hospital. Verify physician orders. Assure correct set-up, safety and function of all equipment/ supplies necessary in the provision of patient care.
- Assure adherence to all infectious disease standards in the delivery of all patient care procedures.
- Understands pharmacological indications, dosages and response to adverse drug reactions. Makes patient care assessments according to accepted protocols. Provides education to patients, families, physicians, nursing and other members of the health care team.
- Monitors response to all therapy. Documents in the patient medical record. Communicates all pertinent clinical information Participates in quality improvement activities. Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of respiratory equipment.
- Completes other activities as assigned.
- Knowledge necessary to make appropriate clinical decisions and interactions relative to the specific age of a patient.
- Skills validation/certifications of competencies for the duties and responsibilities of this level.
- Must maintain annual skill requirements
- Must maintain annual safety/compliance requirements
- Must maintain Texas Department of Health annual license requirements for CEU's Customer service and communication expertise.
- Work involves contact with patients of all ages, family members, physicians, nursing, and all other members of the health care team.
- Work is performed in all areas of Hospital
- Work may require lifting or pushing in excess of 30 pounds.
- Work requires walking, climbing and bending.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. QualificationsQualifications:
- Completion of a 2 or 4 year AMA approved respiratory care program (Associates Degree or Bachelors) or currently enrolled in an AMA approved Respiratory Care Program, and registry eligible.
- RRT by the National Association for Respiratory Care (NBRC) if graduate.
- BLS certification issued from the American Heart Association required.
- ACLS, PALS, and NRP preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.