ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services in southern Michigan and Ohio. A national leader in treatment of heart attack, congestive heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care, ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital is also a pacesetter in Michigan for obstetrics, emergency care, intensive care, controlling infections and organ donation.
Administers multiple forms of respiratory therapy treatments, oxygen administration and related procedures to patients of all ages with varied cardiopulmonary diseases and assumes responsibility for procedures performed. Performs ventilator therapy and CPAP/BiPap therapy. Performs CPR and assists as necessary in crisis situations. Performs EKG's, Holter monitoring, pulmonary function studies and, as appropriate cardiac stress tests.
- Be able to communicate and interact effectively and collaboratively with a variety of professionals, including physicians, nurses, care navigators and administrators, to promote a seamless patient care continuum.
- Be able to understand and comprehend directions and be able to communicate and respond to inquiries.
- Tolerate exposure to infectious diseases and follow infection prevention and control strategies.
- Be able to input and retrieve computer information.
- Be able to move about hospital and between workstations, efficiently and effectively.
- Have excellent interpersonal, organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Take ownership of problems, handle stress in a professional and healthy manner, and make informed decisions.
- Adheres to the code of ethics set forth by state respiratory care boards.
- Be able to perform essential duties in other business units as part of a shared staffing plan, as required.
- A graduate of an accredited respiratory therapy program and maintain credential as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Must be licensed to render respiratory care services by the respective state(s) of practice - Ohio and/or Michigan -and hold current BLS.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
- ACLS and PALS certification is encouraged and may be required at some business units.
- CPR Certified
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details
Posting ID: 556730244Posted: 2020-05-22