SHIFT: No Weekends
SCHEDULE: Full-time Henrico Doctors' Hospital
is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We are a Level II Trauma facility, offering specialized vascular surgery, Neurosurgery, a comprehensive certified stroke center, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery; we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries. SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Applies the rules of Severity of Illness, Intensity of Service, and Discharge Screens/Indicators consistently in evaluating medical necessity.
- Performs admission and concurrent review for all payers and maintains legible documentation as directed by the Utilization Management Plan.
- Educates patients and families to the patient's needs post discharge and informs them of the alternatives available to meet those needs.
- Refers patients who require extended care post discharge to long term care facilities. Once an appropriate bed is located, arranges for the patient's transfer
- Collaborates with community agencies to provide services to assist with housing, financial, transportation, psychosocial, educational, home health, and home medical equipment needs of patients/families post discharge.
- Initiates patient/family conference with the health care team to achieve positive outcomes.
- Identifies, tracks, and records Alternative Care Days (ACDs). Intervenes to prevent or decrease ACDs as appropriate.
- Initiates denial and appeal process in accordance with policy. Refers HINN letters to Director.
- Maintains knowledge base for identification and reporting of potential patients with contractual adjustment needs and length of stay issues.
- Provides crisis and supportive counseling to enhance the patient's and family's problem solving and coping skills. Counsels patient/families regarding advance medical directives.
- Takes a proactive role in discharge planning.
- Maintains knowledge base with an awareness of current trends that influence health care practice
Required: Five + years of recent clinical experience as RN.
Preferred: Commercial Utilization Management and/or Case Management experience; Quality Management Experience.
Required: Registered Nurse with current Virginia licensure.
Preferred: B.S.N. Tuition Reimbursement Program
($5,250/calendar year)Student Loan Assistance (Full-time employees:
$150 monthly benefit/Part-time employees: $75 monthly benefit) WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDING:
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid time off.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
- Providing versatile work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws. Notice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.