SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as aCritical Care Nursing Manageryou want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Heart Hospital of Austin, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Heart Hospital of Austin we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicatedCritical Care Nursing Managerlike you to be a part of our team.
As the Critical Care Nursing Manager over the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) you will be responsible for the clinical and financial outcomes the department.. You will work alongside the Director of Inpatient Clinical Services and Nursing Unit Supervisor in ensuring competent, cost effective patient care in the CVICU.
- You will oversees the daily functions and staff of the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) department
- You will assist the department Director in development and review of the departmental budget
- You will regularly interact with physicians, nursing staff, medical staff, patients, visitors, administration and other health care providers
- You will participate in the recruiting, hiring, directing, counseling, and evaluation of Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit staff
- You will facilitate staff development and assist with orientation of new employees
- You will approve shift scheduling for unit employees and ensure proper staffing at all times
- You will be expected to assist in twenty-four hours, seven days a week, three hundred sixty-five days a year coverage for the CVICU
Heart Hospital of Austin is part of St. David's HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. Heart Hospital of Austin -home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the world-is a 58- bed hospital with a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department, an advanced Executive Wellness Program, five operating rooms (ORs), including two hybrid ORs, three catheterization labs and two electrophysiology labs. It is one of the highest performing cardiovascular facilities in the nation, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Healthgrades awarded Heart Hospital of Austin, in conjunction with its parent campus, St. David's Medical Center, the 2016 America's 100 Best Hospitals Award , 2016 Patient Safety Excellence Award and the 2016 Outstanding Patient Experience Award -a unique trio of awards that only three hospitals in the nation were able to achieve. Heart Hospital of Austin has been named one of the Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals in the nation by Truven Health Analytics for nine years and to Truven's list of 100 Top Hospitals for four years, in conjunction with St. David's Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for ourCritical Care Nursing Manageropening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status Qualifications
- 3 years' experience as a Charge Nurse, Care Coordinator or Supervisor
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Certified in specialty area - preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.