SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-time Accepting applications for upcoming positions. A Recruiter will contact you to share more about our hospitals in this market and discuss your interest for future openings.
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Certified Nursing Assistant/PCT to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here! Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
West Florida Division of HCA Healthcare includes 15 hospitals with over 4,000 licensed beds, 25 Emergency Room sites and 14 Ambulatory Surgery Center sites. HCA West Florida Hillsborough Market encompasses:
- Brandon Regional Hospital is a 438-bed acute care facility offering a number of specialty services.
- South Bay Hospital is located in the corner of southern Hillsborough County, our hospital is a member of the HCA West Florida Division. South Bay Hospital is a 138-bed community hospital, nationally recognized by the Joint Commission for Stroke, Total Hip and Knee, Sepsis and Heart Failure.
- Memorial Hospital of Tampa has 183 beds andhas been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa for more than 40 years.
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and more. Student loan repayment available for select roles and facilities. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
performs a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN) in a complementary and assistive role. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance to the PCT's training, competence and skills, hospital policies and procedures and the State Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient care environment.
Under the supervision of the RN, thePCT performs delegated patient care activities as directed and ordered in accordance with one's training, competence and skill. Delegated tasks may include:
- Obtaining vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, application of ice/heat, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes.
- Safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD).
- Specimen collection to include blood collection for bedside glucose testing. Correctly labels all lab specimens
- Assists the RN to collect data from patients on admission for patient processing and assists with patient transfer or discharge preparations as instructed.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, ambulation, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed.
- Performs hourly rounding, consistently uses AIDET when interacting with patients and answers and responds to call lights timely.
- Provides supports by promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- CNA certification with the State of Florida
- Basic Cardiac Life Support through the American Heart Association
- 1+ year(s) of previous PCT experience in a healthcare setting, preferred
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training required for Behavioral Health.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data. EEOC
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Notice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.