The Continuous Improvement Coordinator provides leadership, planning, training, CPI methodology guidance, communication and coaching skills to promote a culture of continuous improvement. Engaging employees at all levels, the CI Coordinator will help the business reduce waste, improve and simplify processes, improve sustainability of process utilization, continually reduce costs, and improve the overall effectiveness of all business processes.
- Handle in-house training on CI tools and methodologies and guide employees.
- Support CI initiatives and Plant team post event for completing action items.
- Perform post mortem meetings after events and address to-do list items.
- Offer weekly report on plant activities to plant manager and management team.
- Create periodic format presentations on company implementation progress to management.
- Offer technical expertise to company on statistics, Six Sigma methodology, tools and practices.
- Maintain value stream maps
- Assist departmental improvements.
- Conduct Kaizen based on prioritized problems that aligns with divisional goals
- Develop standard work as outcome from Kaizen improvement event.
- Lead plant's Continuous Improvement Program.
- Review plant's processes for enhancing effectiveness and benchmark with Industry Best Practice.
- Lead continuous improvement project teams on strategic projects within plant operations.
- Assess processes with set up continuous improvement techniques for performance optimization.
- Lead team meetings, document clear actions and enable timeline achievement.
- Train and mentor on Lean concepts to employees throughout organization.
- Track 6s activities.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field or related technical discipline.
- 1-3 years' experience in the field
- 1-3 years' experience supervising employees
- Progressive experience in manufacturing, including roles leading others in Production, Technicaloperations preferred.
- Prior experience in filling, food packaging, beverage filling, high-speed consumer products manufacturing, or high speed dosing preferred.
- Experience working with the implementation and oversight of improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies & tools.
- Demonstrated project management skills on cross functional initiatives.
- Some experience in root cause and/or root cause trend analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to use data for creative problem solving.
- Organizational sensitivity, engage without conflict.
- Creativity in developing new ways of working / methodology.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, clear communicator, and demonstrated relationship building skills.
- Able to interact with a wide variety of contacts, both internal and external.
- Talented influencer and team builder. Can form a team without official authority to do so, and motivate that team to accomplish self-directed goals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate may sit, climb or balance, talk or hear. The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock or vibration. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures. The noise level is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Working with high speed automated machines and equipment in a manufacturing plant producing aluminum cans for the beverage industry.
- The plant operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.
- Will have constant pressure to produce high quality cans and to keep the production line operating.
- The plant is hot when the weather is hot and cold when the weather is cold.
- Must be willing to work all areas of production and on any shift.
- While performing duties, the team member regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- The team member frequently works in high, precarious places and may frequently be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
As part of our Total Safety Culture, Crown is committed to the safety, health and well-being of our employees and their families.
Crown offers competitive pay, bonus, comprehensive benefits including free company paid health insurance for employees as well as excellent retirement package including a pension and company matched 401(k).
Crown is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
0 - 10%