SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in ourStaRN Residency Program
The StaRN/Residency is a yearlong residency which begins with a 12-16 week (depending on specialty), PAID Classroom/Preceptorship program. It allows new graduate nurses to obtainacute care nursing experience through an intensive internship program. Open positions will vary throughout the year, and positions will be offered based on needs of the hospital, but units that typically hire StaRN residents include:
Part 1: StaRN Training - First 5-8 Weeks(depending on specialty):
- Medical Surgical, Oncology, Post-Surgical Care, Progressive / Transitional Care
- ICU, Emergency Department (limited)
Part 2: StaRN Clinical Preceptorship - Next 7-8 Weeks(depending on specialty):
- Instructor-led classroom training
- State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
- Certifications needed for each unit
- Training on charting systems
- The schedule is typically Monday-Friday, with 40 hour work weeks (8 hour days)
Part 3: HCA Residency Program - Remainder of your
- Conducted at the hospital
- You will be assigned a one-on-one preceptor to train you and acclimate you to your role
- Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor and their Director
- Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
- The schedule is typically three (3)12 hour shifts at the hospital
- Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital and continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month)
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project
You are more than a paycheck. OurBenefits Raise the Bar:
- Current Florida RN license or Multi-state Compact RN license
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, within past 1 year
- Program acceptance requires a two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital. If a nurse chooses to leave the facility before the 2 year commitment is fulfilled, they may be required to meet a monetary responsibility.
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Attendance is imperative throughout the StaRN Training program
Exceptional People. Exceptional Care.
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Student Loan Repayment
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospital in Gainesville, Florida -North Florida Regional Medical Center
(NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensivecardiovascular care,oncology,orthopedics,neurosciences,minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery,weight loss surgery and treatment,senior care,women's healthandwound therapy, among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction (tm) Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery, and earned a position in Truven Health's Top 100 Hospitals in 2017. North Florida Regional Medical Center is a member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). Based in Nashville, Tennessee, HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 177 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious New Grad RN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Keywords: new grad, residency, registered nurse, graduate nurse, RN, Med/Surg, Ortho, Neuro, Renal, PCU, ICU, Cardiac, Cardiovascular, CCU, OncologyNotice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.