SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-time Certified Nursing AssistantVarious DepartmentsFull TimeVarious Shifts Available0.9 FTEPlantation General HospitalPlantation, FLFacility Descriptions:
The East Florida Division encompasses 14 different hospitals with various bed sizes from Miami to the Treasure Coast. We area member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
Plantation General Hospital, a 264-bed acute care hospital, has served Plantation and Central Broward County since 1966. Conveniently are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike, between I-595 and I-95, we are known for our family friendly atmosphere and for delivering the very best care to our patients and the communities we serve. Plantation General is a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and an American College of Surgeons COC Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. With an intense focus in Women and Children's Services, we have received Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award , and offer private postpartum, quality high risk OB care and a Level III NICU. Our other specialties include bariatric, behavioral healthcare, Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult and Pediatric ER, and minimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities and how you can join our dedicated family of healthcare professionals. What isStarTech?
StarTech refers to the Star Technician Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program.
The StarTech program is a unique educational opportunity designed to meet the crucial needs for newly licensed Certified Nursing Assistants.
The paid 6-week program combines classroom interactive lectures, skills training, electronic health record training, and hands-on clinical training done at the hiring facility.
This full time opportunity is broken down into one week of classroom training followed by five weeks of hands on training where successful graduates will be offered a full time position. A few things to know before you apply:
You must hold a Certified Nursing Assistant certification from the State of Florida in addition to a Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association
No experience is necessary - it is actually preferred!
A strict schedule of learning is required for the first 6 weeks and you must be able to comply to be accepted- no exceptions
Some travel may be required Benefits:
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. JobDescription:
TheCertified Nursing Assistant assists the professional nursing staff by performing patient care activities, clerical functions and ensuring patient satisfaction under the supervision of the RN in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of each facility. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists patients with the activities of daily living (ADLs) - which include but are not limited to bathing, eating, dressing, transferring, ambulating, toileting, etc.
- Completes patient vital signs, input/output, blood glucose checks, daily weight and other tasks as assigned and notifies nurse with significant changes.
- Answers patient call lights promptly and reports patient needs to assigned nursing personnel for follow up.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to volume, census, and acuity.
- Follows through with assignments and informs supervisor if unable to complete tasks.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for completion of assignments and delivery of safe effective and appropriate care in a timely and accurate manner.
- Explains all treatment and care to the patient and/or family members.
- Graduate of a program for Certified Nursing Assistant is preferred
- Active Certified Nursing Assistant certification from the State of Florida
- Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association
- No previous C.N.A. experience preferred
- Ability to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus
- Ability to lift, push, pull50 pounds
- Customer service experience preferred
- Excellent work ethic, professional appearance, and a kind compassionate demeanor is needed
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.