Director, HR Business Partner - Commercial
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "World's Most Admired Companies," Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2019 revenues of around $7.7 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians - and many of the country's leading hospitals and health systems - relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 6 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired statusin the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes 2019 America's Best Employers for Women
• S&P 500
• Barron's 500
• Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 'Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality' in New Jersey
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests - such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count - to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics' reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics' long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Consultative partner to Vice President of Commercial Sales, accountable for understanding the external and internal business landscape and identifying opportunities to meet business objectives by advancing the talent and culture agenda while driving change. As a member of the leadership team, the HRBP will build relationships and leverage strong influence and execution skills to bring strategic plans to life to build organizational capability and deliver tangible business results. The HRBP will bring the full suite of HR capabilities and services to the business by leading across HR Centers of Excellence and an HR Service Center to deliver solutions.
• Develop strategic people plan for business
• Design solutions and initiatives
• Enable business growth and results for customers
• Derive insights from both workforce analytics and pulsing employees
• Coach, counsel and advise leaders
• Identify and adapt to changes in external and internal dynamics
• Translate the business agenda into a change plan
• Design and develop effective organizations and teams
• Communicate key changes
• Drive high performance
• Deliver compensation planning
• Assess talent and build succession plans
• Hire the best talent
• Drive talent decisions and workforce plans
• Enable development and career planning for key talent
• Advocate for employees
• Drive employee engagement outcomes based on insights
• Conduct sensitive investigations and reeducation where necessary
• Mitigate labor risk
• Enable diversity and inclusion
• Drive recognition and appreciation
• Represent company policies with integrity
• Candidate should possess knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained through:
• BA/BS in HR or related field; Master's degree strongly preferred (MBA, MA in Organizational Development, HR or related field)
• SPHR certification preferred
• Proficiency in MS Office products
• Highly effective leadership and strategic influencing skills
• Ability to work effectively at multiple levels of the organization from front line to senior management
• 15 years Human Resources experience, including a demonstrated track record of success in an HRBP capacity
• Ability to travel 10 - 30% within the Northeast Region. Role supports two major hubs: NJ and Massachusetts
• Business acumen
• Strategic thinking
• Organizational savvy and influencing
• Critical thinking and predictive insights
• Drive for results
• Change management
• Talent strategy and development
• Organizational assessment and design
• Positive employee relations
• Performance management
• Total rewards
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking "Job Search" and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.