View All Jobs at Scripps Health
Home / Job Details
Psychiatric Social Worker
Date Posted: April 25, 2020
Not Ready To Apply?
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
We are seeking a compassionate, experienced Social Worker to join our Psychiatric Acute Care team at Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego. Our diverse team is dedicated to serving the community with the highest quality of care.
New employees will experience a friendly and supportive environment where a positive attitude and teamwork are valued. Our leadership is hands on and very engaged with our staff and patients.
Social Workers provide an important role within the hospital by assisting patients and families with personal and environmental problems which relate to mental illness or which interfere with their obtaining maximum benefits from available services.
The ideal candidate will have an MSW/ LCSW and:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced 36 bed behavioral health adult inpatient unit.
- Be active in discharge planning, program development and provision of groups and services.
- Be knowledgeable about community resources
- Enjoy facilitating patient groups and spending one on one time with patients
This position is Full-Time, (9) 8 hour DAY shifts/pay period, VARIED schedule that includes Weekends.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Master's in Psychology, OR Master's in Counseling.
- 1-3 recent (within the last 3 years) of experience in an inpatient psychiatric hospital setting with a focus on discharge planning.
- Knowledgeable and competent at applying mental health laws and regulations.
- Content knowledge of LPS processes including involuntary detainment and the mental health conservatorship processes is required.
- Licensed by the California Board of Behavioral Science as an LCSW, LMFT or LPCC or Licensed by the Board of Psychology in the state of California as a Psychologist.
- Bilingual and proficient in electronic health record.
Scripps Health is repeatedly named on the Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to work for, the only San Diego-based company, and Becker's Healthcare Top Hospitals. Scripps Health offers a robust Total Rewards Program designed to compensate and motivate you throughout your career. Scripps Health Total Rewards Program includes a broad range of plans and programs, including market competitive pay and performance incentives, health and wellness benefits, financial wellness benefits, work-life resources, learning and development opportunities, and rewards and recognition. Unlock your potential with Scripps Health today.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Not ready to Apply?