View All Jobs at Scripps Health
Home / Job Details
Patient Care Assistant - Definitive Observation
Date Posted: April 30, 2020
Not Ready To Apply?
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So, if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join Our Team of Patient Care Assistants in our Definitive Observation department at Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego located in the heart of Hillcrest. Founded in 1890 by the Sisters of Mercy, Scripps Mercy Hospital is San Diego's longest established hospital, the only Catholic medical center and the largest teaching hospital in the region.
As a Patient Care Assistant, you will provide excellent service to patients as a key member of the clinical care team.
- Assists patients with personal needs and activities of daily living, collects data, and ensures the patient has a safe, organized environment.
- Assists with patient care within the scope permitted and under the direction of a clinician.
- Supports the unit with a variety of patient logistic, clerical, equipment/supply, and charge reconciliation duties.
This position is Full-Time (60 hours per pay period), with a 12-hour rotating night shift schedule that includes weekends. This position is located at Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego.
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- One year of recent experience working under the license of a licensed healthcare provider OR
- Current enrollment or completion of Nursing Assistant training from a recognized school OR
- Current enrollment in an RN program with completion of the second semester, including nursing fundamentals.
- Must be able to speak, read and follow instruction in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a service aptitude.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care provider
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certification:
- CNA certification
- One-year patient related experience preferred
Scripps Health is repeatedly named on the Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to work for, the only San Diego-based company, and Becker's Healthcare Top Hospitals. Scripps Health offers a robust Total Rewards Program designed to compensate and motivate you throughout your career. Scripps Health Total Rewards Program includes a broad range of plans and programs, including market competitive pay and performance incentives, health and wellness benefits, financial wellness benefits, work-life resources, learning and development opportunities, and rewards and recognition. Unlock your potential with Scripps Health today.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Not ready to Apply?