Senior Director, Lab Operations - West Hills, CA
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "World's Most Admired Companies," Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2019 revenues of around $7.7 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians - and many of the country's leading hospitals and health systems - relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 4 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired statusin the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Barron's 500
• Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for the second consecutive year in 2018
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests - such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count - to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics' reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics' long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Senior Director, Laboratory Operations will oversee the West Hills, CA, laboratory including the technical laboratory departments, processes and staff. This role is responsible for quality and timely execution of technical procedures, compliance and overall lab budget management, including processing approximately 60,000 reqs per night and leading 500-600 full-time employees. Key measures of success in the role are exemplary medical quality, service delivery, client satisfaction and retention, employee engagement, safety and uploading the highest of compliance standards while adhering to all applicable local, state and federal regulations and company policies.
• Directs and coordinates laboratory activities to ensure services are provided on schedule with expected quality and within cost expectations
• Ensures all laboratory activities and operations are carried out in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws/regulations and company policies
• Develops and trains personnel within the laboratory; reviews and appraises staff performance.
• Establishes laboratory organization plan; delegates responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities to appropriate subordinates
• Creates and evaluates new procedures and/or equipment for potential use in the laboratory; recommends new procedures and equipment where necessary
• Directs, coordinates and oversees major unit projects to the best economic advantage of the corporation
• Collaborate with other sites in the Region and as assigned to pursue standardization and best practice adoption
• Cultivates an inclusive, motivational, enabling and performance-oriented work environment through visibility of leadership, high level of two-way communication and the Quest Management System (QMS), Lean and Six Sigma tools and principles
• Drives an environment of continuous process improvement by engaging employees to implement ideas that will simplify and improve their work
• Facilitates open communication and collaboration with peers in operations toward the end of smooth and lean flow throughout the lab, implementing proactive solutions to cross-functional problems
• Plans for and builds capacity in the lab and capability of teams to enable revenue growth
• Oversees and manages to a budget
• Oversees FTE management and personnel decisions relating to the laboratory staff.
• Partners with Human Resources on talent outreach to recruit and retain Clinical Lab Scientists and other specialized staff
• Oversees and maintains a dashboard of key performance indicators
• Coordinates quality assurance activities
• Makes decisions regarding the purchase, testing and implementation of new lab equipment
• Builds strong relationships with key partners, including Medical Director, Quality Assurance Director and Human Resources Business Partner.
The successful candidate for Senior Director, Laboratory Operations will have the following attributes and/or experiences:
• BA / BS degree required; advanced degree in Life Sciences and Business preferred
• ASCP certification preferred
• Requires a minimum of eight (8) years' progressive operations experience with at least three (3) years of demonstrated leadership and management responsibilities overseeing exempt and non-exempt staff
• Organizational Agility
• Problem Solving
• Technical Competencies
• Drive for results
• Action Oriented
• Building Effective Teams
• Managerial Courage
• Respected Player /Strategic Influencer
• Drive for results
• Culture of Continuous Improvement
• Succession Plans and Great Teams in Place
• Highly productive, engaged & informed workforce
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Priority Setting and Timely Decisions
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking "Job Search" and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.