Sr. Platform Engineer / Sr. Platform Engineer 2 - Lakeland,FL
Lakeland, FL between Orlando and Tampa
One of the following positions is now available in the Platform Infrastructure Engineering area of Information Systems:
• IS Senior Platform Engineer
• IS Senior Platform Engineer 2
The position interviewed for will depend on the skill set.
Systems Engineering involves defining, developing, maintaining and advising on the effective use of the Publix information technology architecture to maximize their value. Some examples of systems engineering tasks include:
• Software and hardware installation, configuration, integration and support
• Systems and project design and architecture
• System and network management activities
• Problem determination and resolution
• Systems security and vulnerability remediations
• Project team participation, and
• New technology awareness, research and system integration.
Hours of Work
Minimum 45 hours per week.
Frequency of Pay
Minimum Base Pay
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
3045 New Tampa Hwy
Potential Annual Pay with Bonus
77,805 - 137,735
Year End Bonus
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month's extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year. This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
Maximum Base Pay
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or analytical discipline, or equivalent experience
• Two years of experience implementing, supporting and migrating VMware ESXi, VSAN, VRA, and NSX systems
• Two years of experience converting and upgrading Windows Server Operating Systems
• Experience with HPE hardware vendor
• Experience with various systems management tools to include SCCM, SCVMM, VMWare ESXi, Hyper-V, VRNI, SDDC Manager, SRM, HP ILO, HPE OneView, etc.
• Experience with PowerShell scripting
• Experience with Automation and Development Operations
• Three years of experience implementing, supporting and migrating VMware ESXi systems, including VSAN, VRA and NSX technologies
• Three years of experience implementing, supporting and migrating Windows server operating systems
• Experience implementing, supporting and migrating Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019 operating systems
• Experience in operational automation technologies (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Orchestrator, SDDC Manager or SCCM OS Deployments)
• Good understanding of traditional waterfall System Development Lifecycle (SDLC), and agile methodologies
• Experience creating, managing, and updating server images, ISOs, clones, and templates
• Experience working with vulnerability management tools, and remediation activities
• Experience working in a process structured environment which includes Change Management and Disaster Recovery Preparedness
• Solid understanding of the functional and operational practices necessary to operate in a highly available, highly secure and highly regulated environment to meet business, security, and compliance requirements, and
• Experience leading large projects from requirements through implementation.
Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
401(k) retirement savings plan
Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
Group dental plan
Group vision plan
Long-term disability insurance
Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
Paycheck direct deposit
Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).