Bakery Manager/Asst. Bakery ManagerDEPARTMENT:
BakeryBrief Description of Job Duties
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Preparing, bagging, retrieving baked goods to put out on display. Ensuring the sales floor and processing areas are clean, sanitary, fresh and full. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:Accountable and Reports to (Job Title):
Store Director, Assistant Store Director; Operations Specialist Positions that Report to you:
Bakery Clerk, Asst. Bakery ManagerPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Maintaining sales floor which includes stocking racks and tables, pulling stale product, cleaning up miscellaneous spills and loose debris.
- Assisting customers with cake and bread orders.
- Pulling product from freezer and preparing for that day.
- Cleaning equipment and mopping floors in the bakery.
- Cleaning of all merchandising tables and cases.
- Decorates product by using a projector, edible image, kit, or other means to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Checks invoices against delivered product when asked.
- Responsible for proper inventory control (pricing, stocking, ordering).
- Insures that all food is handled in accordance with local health department regulations.
(These are considered occasional in nature)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Help with cleaning duties.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet with color vision, depth perception and field of vision.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and time, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Maintain valid food service sanitation certification.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant responsibility to maintain customer service levels and handle multiple priorities. Has occasional exposure to temperature extremes and cleaning chemicals/solvents.EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
Box cutter, pallet jack, stock cart, icing piping bags, various cake decorating tools, label maker, edible image machine, bread tie twister, bread slicer, Telxon, stocking rack, trash and cardboard compactor, telephone/intercom CONTACTS:
Has daily contact with customers, co workers and the general public. Has contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Physical Requirements for an 8 Hour Workday Activity(at one time)<30Min.1hr2hr3hr4hr5hr6hr7hr8hrStandingSittingWalkingVisual Acuity (i.e., reading a computerHand MovementActivityRight, Left, orBoth handsNot at allOccasionally1 - 2 hoursFrequently2 - 5 hoursContinuously5 - 8 hoursSimple Grasping
Activity (at one time)None<30Min.1 hr2 hr3 hr4 hr5 hr6 hr7 hr8 hrInsideOutsideInside CoolerInside FreezerActions Required While Working on the Job ActivityNot at allSeldom0 - 1hoursOccasionally1 - 2 hoursFrequently2 -5 hoursContinuously5 - 8hoursStairsClimbBend/StoopKneelCrouchCrawlPush/Pull (pallet on jack)Push/Pull (stock cart)SquatReach above Shoulder LevelReach at Shoulder LevelOther (explain)Lifting RequirementsFunctions LiftingNoneSeldom0 - 1hoursOccasionally1 - 2 hoursFrequently2 - 5 hoursContinuously5 - 8hoursDistance Lifted(inches, feet, yards)1 lbs. to5 lbs.
6 ft.5 lbs. to 10 lbs.
6 ft.10 lbs. to 20 lbs.
6 ft.20 lbs. to 30 lbs.
6 ft.30 lbs. to 40 lbs.
6 ft.40 lbs. to 50 lbs.50 lbs. to 100 lbs.Carrying RequirementsFunctions CarryingNoneSeldom0 - 1hoursOccasionally1 - 2 hoursFrequently2 - 5 hoursContinuously5 - 8hoursDistance Carried (inches, feet, yards)1 lbs. to5 lbs.
20 ft.5 lbs. to 10 lbs.
20 ft.10 lbs. to 20 lbs.
20 ft.20 lbs. to 30 lbs.
20 ft.30 lbs. to 40 lbs.
20 ft.40 lbs. to 50 lbs.50 lbs. to 100 lbs.Pushing / Pulling RequirementFunctionsPushing/PullingItems / MaterialForce PoundsDistance Pushed/PulledSurfacePallet Jack
Concrete/tileOther: Why Work for Supervalu?
SUPERVALU Inc. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S. with annual sales of approximately $17 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of almost 3,400 stores. Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has about 35,000 employees. We know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our employees, we've been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!