Brief Description of Job Duties
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Rotates and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met. Unloads product from trucks using powered pallet jack, breaking load down onto stock carts, and transferring to sales floor. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:Accountable and Reports to (Job Title):
Store Director, Assistant Store Director, Grocery Manager, Assistant Grocery Manager, PIC PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the department telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Count load to assure proper quantity. Checks invoices against delivered product when asked.
- Process merchandise to shelf which includes removing wrap and cutting front out of cases with a box cutter.
- Rotates and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met.
- Unloads trucks using power pallet jacks and forklift to place product in appropriate storage area.
- Conditioning shelves and displays - straightening product and pulling cardboard.
- Stock product on top shelf for future use.
- Ensures cleanliness in the department cleans off shelves, sweeps the floor, etc.
- Builds wall of value and end caps display and fills through the week as necessary.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Responsible for proper inventory control (pricing, stocking, ordering).
- Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor and parking lot in a timely manner.
(These are considered occasional in nature)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Retrieve carts from lot.
- Help with cleaning duties.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; counting and recording.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of less than 20 inches to less than 20 feet, with color vision and depth perception. Must be able to read the descriptions on the boxes and shelf tags to place merchandise in the proper locations.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times, including nights, weekends and holidays.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant responsibility to maintain customer service levels and handle multiple priorities. The position involves sharp knives and is occasionally exposed to equipment movement hazards. This is a fast paced work environment.EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
Box cutter, two wheeler, stock cart, trash and cardboard compactor, intercom, pallet jack, forklift, Telxon, cash register, power pallet jack, riser ladder and dock plate. CONTACTS:
Has daily contact with co workers, suppliers/vendors and customers.
Physical Requirements for an 8 Hour Workday Activity(at one time)<30Min.1hr2hr3hr4hr5hr6hr7hr8hrStandingSittingWalkingVisual Acuity (i.e., reading a computerHand MovementActivityRight, Left, orBoth handsNot at allOccasionally1 - 2 hoursFrequently2 - 5 hoursContinuously5 - 8 hoursSimple Grasping
Activity (at one time)None<30Min.1 hr2 hr3 hr4 hr5 hr6 hr7 hr8 hrInsideOutsideInside CoolerInside FreezerActions Required While Working on the Job ActivityNot at allSeldom0 - 1hoursOccasionally1 - 2 hoursFrequently2 -5 hoursContinuously5 - 8hoursStairsClimbBend/StoopKneelCrouchCrawlPush/Pull (pallet on jack)Push/Pull (stock cart)SquatReach above Shoulder LevelReach at Shoulder LevelOther (explain)Lifting RequirementsFunctions LiftingNoneSeldom0 - 1hoursOccasionally1 - 2 hoursFrequently2 - 5 hoursContinuously5 - 8hoursDistance Lifted(inches, feet, yards)1 lbs. to5 lbs.
6 ft.5 lbs. to 10 lbs.
6 ft.10 lbs. to 20 lbs.
6 ft.20 lbs. to 30 lbs.
6 ft.30 lbs. to 40 lbs.
6 ft.40 lbs. to 50 lbs.
6 ft.50 lbs. to 100 lbs.
4 ft.Carrying RequirementsFunctions CarryingNoneSeldom0 - 1hoursOccasionally1 - 2 hoursFrequently2 - 5 hoursContinuously5 - 8hoursDistance Carried (inches, feet, yards)1 lbs. to5 lbs.
10 ft.5 lbs. to 10 lbs.
10 ft.10 lbs. to 20 lbs.
10 ft.20 lbs. to 30 lbs.
10 ft.30 lbs. to 40 lbs.
10 ft.40 lbs. to 50 lbs.
10 ft.50 lbs. to 100 lbs.
6 ft.Pushing / Pulling RequirementFunctionsPushing/PullingItems / MaterialForce PoundsDistance Pushed/PulledSurfacePallet Jack
Concrete/tileOther: My Cub. My Way.
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by personalizing our customers' evolving needs with innovation, convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion that enhances and enables our associates' career development through education and training. We pride ourselves in having a strong team of passionate employees who provide exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status