Marketing Business Analytics ConsultantDepartment
Lakeland, FL between Orlando and TampaDescription
Are you interested in working for a Fortune 100 retailer? Do you want to be able to apply your analytical knowledge and experience to help solve constantly changing business and customer facing opportunities? As a Consultant on the Business Analytics team you will be supporting Publix with Marketing measurement and data science methodologies that support decisions and create solutions related to the financial performance of Publix, its products and services, Publix Marketing campaigns, and customer behavior data.
This position consults with business partners across the organization to provide research based recommendations in support of strategic decisions for Publix. This includes managing the development and deployment of analytical solutions by researching and gathering data, performing financial analyses to glean insights, software coding and training end users on the use and interpretation of these solutions. The Business Analytics Consultant reports to the Manager of Marketing Business Analytics & Data Science.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Utilizing data mining and discovery techniques to aggregate data and search for insights.
- Extracting and aggregating sales data from our data warehouses and joining it to other business and customer data to uncover insights and key business drivers.
- Focusing on the methodical exploration of Publix's data to insure business intelligence and predictive analytics techniques used to examine historical store and customer transaction data provide insights into how a business area, store, campaign, or item performed over time and/or in the future.
- Conducting statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships by using predictive software to create regression models (linear, logistic, Bayesian, stepwise, etc.), decision trees, correlation analysis, random forest models, and time series analysis.
- Determining appropriate coding language to utilize based on the source and analytical methodology that needs to be applied
- Selecting the appropriate data, statistical models, financial measurement approach and test methodologies necessary to help tell the business how to merchandise, market, grow, and target customers and stores.
- Developing user interfaces and self-service applications to support customer usage of the Analytical Solution. This includes decisions related to the user interface design with the appropriate options so the end user can access needed data, reports, graphs, tables, insights, and recommendations with minimal training.
- Developing and implementing analytical solutions that address business questions faced by decision makers throughout Publix, and translating the outputs of those solutions into actionable tools, insights, and recommendations that can be highly trusted by decision makers to influence decision making for a mixture of high and low profile projects
11559BRHours of Work
Minimum of 45 hours per weekState
FloridaFrequency of Pay
MonthlyMinimum Base Pay
Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.Address
3300 Publix Corporate ParkwayPotential Annual Pay with Bonus
77,805 - 117,325City
LakelandYear End Bonus
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month's extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year. This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.Maximum Base Pay
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Data Science, Business, or another analytical field from an accredited college or university or its equivalent.
- 3 years of analytics, or similar analytics field work-related experience
- At least one (1) year experience writing SQL
- At least one (1) year experience writing R code or similar functionality within other statistical tools
- Knowledge of data and analytics utilizing market business intelligence
- Ability to apply the appropriate advanced mathematics and statistics methods to large data sets, including, but not limited to, regression models (linear, logistic, Bayesian, stepwise, etc.), decision trees, correlation analysis, random forest models, cluster analysis, k-means, sum of squares, and time series analysis
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Information Systems design methodologies, testing, processes and coding languages
- Ability to develop advanced data algorithms
- Database architecture skills
- Ability to develop data visualizations
- Knowledge of and an ability to apply research best practices, including secondary research process and methods
- Ability to develop research based recommendations
- Basic knowledge of Alteryx and the Alteryx Server or similar Business Intelligence (BI) Tools
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to demonstrate critical and strategic thinking skills, including decision making skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of new information, processes, and
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork and collaboration skills, including strong interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills
- Ability to persuade others using logical debate
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and be self-directed with workload
- Ability to demonstrate initiative by taking responsibility for learning new skills and processes
- Willingness to travel up to one week at a time with overnight stays
- Ability to work a variable work schedule as needed including nights, holidays, weekends, and extended hours to meet deadlines
- MBA or Masters in Analytics, System Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, or another analytical discipline
- Five (5) or more years of analytics, Finance, or work-related experience
- Three (3) or more years' experience writing SQL
- Three (3) or more years' experience writing R code or similar functionality within other statistical tools
- Experience with distributed big data and cloud based tools
- Data Science Certificate
- Basic knowledge of Python Coding
- Advanced knowledge of SharePoint Development
- Advanced knowledge of Hypothesis based tests and control experiments, utilizing time series analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau or similar data visualization tool
- Advanced knowledge of Publix business systems
- Expert knowledge of Alteryx and the Alteryx Server or similar Business Intelligence (BI) Tools
- Ability to design intuitive end user interfaces
- Knowledge of other Publix Business Units, including their basic roles and responsibilities
Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day)
Posting ID: 556730974Posted: 2020-05-22