JOB TITLE: Grocery ManagerBrief Description of Job Duties
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Responsible for supervision of all overnight/day grocery associates, scheduling, and the ordering of product. Rotates and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist customers and ensure proper service levels and courtesy from all associates
2. Develop effective daily/weekly work plans based on weekly sales projections, budgeted labor goals and previous operating results
3. Implement, maintain and coordinate aggressive and creative merchandising plans, using Division guidelines, which maximize sales, variety and gross profit
4. Ensure accurate pricing and signage within the department
5. Supervise of produce associates to ensure efficient labor utilization and effectiveness in meeting department objectives
6. Manage receiving, invoicing, pricing, shrink control and inventory to ensure proper product control and gross profit goals are achieved
7. Train and develop grocery department personnel
8. Supervise department safety and sanitation programs
9. Perform Grocery Department personnel functions
10. Observe standards and procedures regarding store security and confidentiality
11. Follow all store and department policies and procedures
Perform other duties as assigned or delegated
12. Supervising, ordering, scheduling and being responsible for the overall condition of the grocery department.
13. Count load to assure proper quantity. Checks invoices against delivered product.
14. Process merchandise to shelf which includes removing wrap and cutting front out of cases with a box cutter.
15. Rotates and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met.
16. Unloads trucks using power pallet jacks and forklift to place product in appropriate storage area.
17. Conditioning shelves - straightening and facing merchandise.
18. Responsible for proper inventory control (pricing, stocking and ordering).
19. Stock product on top shelf for future use.
20. Ensures cleanliness in the department cleans off shelves, sweeps the floor, etc.
21. Builds wall of value and end caps display and fills through the week as necessary.
22. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
23. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
24. Reports to work when scheduled and on time. SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; counting and recording.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of less than 20 inches to less than 20 feet, with color vision and depth perception. Must be able to read the descriptions on the boxes and shelf tags to place merchandise in the proper locations.
- Has the authority to recommend discipline.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times, including nights, weekends and holidays.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant responsibility to maintain customer service levels and handle multiple priorities. The position involves sharp knives and is occasionally exposed to equipment movement hazards. This is a fast paced work environment. EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
Box cutter, stock cart, trash and cardboard compactor, intercom, calculator, forklift, pallet jack, power pallet jack, cash register, dock plate and Telxon. CONTACTS:
Has daily contact with coworkers, suppliers/vendors and customers. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
My Cub. My Way.
- Retail Supervision experience required.
- Department experience preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Good management, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work varying shifts and days of the week (may include evenings, weekends, early morning or late shifts).
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by personalizing our customers' evolving needs with innovation, convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion that enhances and enables our associates' career development through education and training. We pride ourselves in having a strong team of passionate employees who provide exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status