Deli Clerk Job Overview:
Provides direct, prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Interacts with customers for their immediate selection of various fresh meats, cheeses, salads and hot foods from the deli department. Handles food in a safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and neat. Emphasis in this position is in meeting daily needs of preparing, stocking and displaying product in order to ensure maximum department sales, product availability and provide high level of customer service. The position requires on-going customer interaction, providing prompt, courteous and accurate service. Primary learning challenge is in product knowledge, case sets, tray assembly and equipment use. This position requires knowledge of food safety regulations, ongoing moderate to heavy lifting, walking, standing, operation of all Deli equipment, exposure to hot surfaces and oils, social skills, judgment/decision making, reading, writing, and math. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Answers the department telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Takes customer orders at the deli counter, slices product for customer service and weigh, date, price, label and wrap all product.
- Reviews orders for the day and processes accordingly.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
- Monitors temperatures of all hot and cold units for proper holding procedures.
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis.
- Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
- Checks in product, puts product away, and may review invoices.
- Responsible for proper inventory control (pricing, stocking, ordering).
- Insures that all food is handled in accordance with local health department regulations, monitors product quality. Stores product and ensures proper refrigeration.
- Clean all equipment in the Deli department on a daily basis.
- Breaks down department and performs cleaning duties, follows all safety, sanitation and food handling regulation.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Follows all store and department policies and procedures
- Lifting Requirement up to 60 lbs., equipment operation (scanner, register, scale, check approval machine, coupon machine, intercom), reaching, standing, stooping/bending, turning, pushing/pulling 500 to 1500 lbs., equipment operation (pallet jack, highboy cart, tongs).
- Must be able to solve arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Must have the ability to handle refrigerated and frozen levels of temperature when retrieving product from freezer
- Must be able to participate in the preparation of salads, sandwiches, fried chicken, fish, etc.
- Must be able to safely operate a slicer and fryer for the production of sliced meats and cheeses and fried foods.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times, including nights, weekends and holidays.
My Cub. My Way.
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by personalizing our customers' evolving needs with innovation, convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion that enhances and enables our associates' career development through education and training. We pride ourselves in having a strong team of passionate employees who provide exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Posting ID: 556730996Posted: 2020-05-22