Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Manage the daily operations of multiple locations within the Funeral Home industry. Responsible for short-term planning, operations, and developing a professional and effective staff, and exceeding client family expectations.
• Develop annual business plan
• Work with local and Market Leadership to develop annual business plan and budget as well as financial and operational initiatives
• Accountable for monitoring and achieving annual operational goals and making appropriate sustainable business decisions
• Approve expenditures and invoices including overtime
• Manage the day-to-day activities ensuring on-time services; exceeding client family expectations
• Remove barriers, encourage ideas, and identify improvements
• Resolves moderately complex problems; provides resolution guidance to supervisors and empowering accountability
• Assure the location's operating practices comply with applicable federal & state regulations and Company policies
• Responsible for establishing location goals and priorities
• Develop, communicate, and monitor goals, priorities, processes and procedures
• Manage frontline supervisor's responsibilities, expectations, and accountabilities
• Effectively present and communicate Company and Market strategies, values, and goals to location staff
• Collaborate with local Management for resource sharing, ideas, and business or operational enhancements
• Work with Market Leadership and Corporate Departments on product, process, and technology needs and improvements
• Maintain building, facilities, and grounds in a clean, manicured, and working order budgeting appropriately for repairs including equipment and furniture
• Ensure all safety, quality control, and compliance standards are adhered
• Develop a strong, trusting, and reliable team
• Understand team members career aspirations and provide assignments to develop skills and/or close gaps
• Constructively address issues and provide tangible and appropriate feedback
• Develop frontline supervisors' proactive and collaborative management style in order to increase employee engagement and minimize turnover
• Monitor training and licensing requirements ensuring staff is re-trained/licensed prior to expiration
• Responsible for screening candidates (internal and external) and hiring or promoting a skilled and effective staff
• Establishes pay, recommends pay increases, special pays, and career advancements
• Discipline staff as necessary; writes development plans to close behavior or skill gaps
• Collaborates with Human Resources throughout discipline, development, and termination processes
• Recommends and discusses terminations with Market Leadership.
• Funeral Home Management builds and expand brand and product awareness in order to increase sales and market share
• May network with key community leaders to build business relationships, influence, and support the community
• Participate in community, civic, or other organizations as a part of the local promotional efforts of the location and the Company
• Develop and implement plans to improve customer satisfaction index and on-line community reviews
• Other responsibilities as requested or assigned
• Depending upon location size and schedules, may assist with arrangements, preparation of visitation and/or services, driving, or transporting thus demonstrating leadership and teamwork
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• At least twelve (12) hours college courses in Finance & Accounting strongly preferred
• Embalming Licensure required
• At least seven (7) years industry experience in applicable discipline with progressively increased responsibilities
• Funeral Home Management experience required
• At least two (2) years' experience managing people and effectively managing budgets and expense control required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledgeable in industry competitive pricing, demographic patterns, and market competition
• Knowledgeable in Financial and Business acumen
• Professional interpersonal skills as well as cultural sensitivity and tactfulness to interact with a variety of cultures and language barriers
• Proficient in MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
• Work indoors and outdoors during all seasons and weather conditions
• Exposure to various chemicals and fluids
• Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
• Professional Dress is required when in contact with families
• Frequent, continuous periods of time standing, up 6 hours per day
• Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
• Climbing stairs to access buildings frequently
• Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. to assist with moving bodies
• Working beyond "standard" hours as the need arises
• Travel up to 25%
Postal Code: 32804
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-FL - Orlando
Req ID: Req.82982
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V