Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Professional Security Officer
. The Professional Security Officer will be working in a hospital/health care environment for Allied Universal Services. Our officers allow us to accomplish our company's core purpose which is "to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities". The Professional Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. Job Overview:
You are applying to be a Healthcare Weapons Screener. Allied Universal has been tasked with the responsibility of screening for weapons at their respected Healthcare Clients. Although this is not a common practice at all Healthcare sites, our Clients have chosen to further invest in the safety of its patients, visitors as well as employees. We are now the leading Healthcare Weapons Screeners in the entire state and we are looking for qualified candidates that will help us accomplish this task. Qualifications/Requirements:
Qualified applicants for the Professional Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or Verifiable High School Diploma or GED (Certificates of Completion not acceptable)
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- 7 Years of verifiable experience, with 3 years in security, customer service or related field.
- Armed officers should have prior military or law enforcement experience, or comparable training or certification, and must pass a Psychological Evaluation
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situation; as well as have flexible availability outside of regular schedule
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Unarmed Officers will make a wage of $12 an hour. Armed Officer will make a wage of a $14 an hour. Shift Supervisor will make a wage of $15.25 an hour. Hiring:
Candidates will go through a face to face interview with either the Site Supervisor in their local area or the Operations Manager. Candidates are required to arrive in business casual dress attire. After the interview, the Operations Manager will determine whether or not they feel as though the candidate should be moved to the next stage of the hiring process.
Training: All Candidates will attend an OJT period where they will complete 12 hours of online healthcare training, complete all company online training (Non-Healthcare related), as well as attend a weapons screening class that is paid for and provided by Allied Universal. Realistic Job Preview:Candidates can expect to screen hundreds of people a day, stand for long periods of timeMaintain logs and weapons being held using a state of art electronic systems Be witness to the day to day trauma that occurs at a healthcare facility.
Operating various screening equipment that will help ensure and accurate count of personnel screened.Performing bag checks with every bag that is attempting to enter the facilityControlling entry and exit points. Interacting with the publicMaintaining focus and awareness while working in a stressful environment Engaging in continuous development of critical thinking skills, necessary to mitigate actual and potential security threats, by identifying, evaluating, and applying appropriate situational options and approaches. This may include application of risk-based security screening protocols that vary based on program requirements.Retaining and implementing knowledge of all applicable Standard Operating Procedures, demonstrating responsible and dependable behavior, and is open to change and adapts to new information or unexpected obstacles.
Occasional travel - Although we try to keep every Officer at one location, there will be times when Officer will be needed to work another site to help ensure all post are covered. It will be the understanding of the candidate that occasionally, the Weapon Screener may have to temporarily travel to another near healthcare site for an assigned shift.
Posting ID: 556731957Posted: 2020-05-22