The Rehabilitation Medicine Department provides a complete range of physical, occupational and speech/language therapies. Each therapeutic service has a common, two-fold objective
•To perform an individualized evaluation of every patient
•To develop a personalized treatment plan that either facilitates recovery of lost function due to an acute process or maximizes function at the highest and safest level possible within the limits of existing disease or disabilityJob Location:
Needham, MAReq ID:
Participates as a team member in the day to day operating of Rehabilitation Services and Occupational Health. Under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist or registered Occupational Therapist assists in with patient care. Also assists with coverage of reception desk for both Rehabilitation Services and Occupational Health Services along with performing tasks to maintain the Rehabilitation and OHS departments in an orderly condition.Essential Responsibilities:
- Assists patients in the preparation for and as necessary, during and at the conclusion of treatment.
- Assists patients in the safe practice of activities related to the development of strength and endurance and perform treatment procedures pre-determined for each patient by a qualified P.T. or O.T.
- Perform predetermined general office procedures including but not limited to Xeroxing, duplicating, filing, front desk coverage, billing, and statistics.
- Assists with Pre-Registration of patients for Rehab and OHS as requested, prints forms and/or make up charts for new patients in advance.
- Processes co-payments and able to run end of day reports to reconcile; resolves any discrepancies for close.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience in healthcare.
Age based Competencies:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Posting ID: 556732155Posted: 2020-05-22