Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham (BID Needham) is a licensed 58-bed acute care hospital offering the same care as our direct affiliate Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in your community.
This close affiliation with BIDMC, since 2000, has facilitated the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopaedics, general surgery, pathology and oncology. Physicians in Needham maintain very close relationships with the staff at BIDMC; so in cases where patients need to be transferred from Needham to Boston for more advanced care, there are systems in place to make that transition happen quickly.Job Location:
Needham, MAReq ID:
Under the direction of the BID-Needham Chief Information Officer, the BID-Needham Technical Manager oversees all areas related to the technical environment at BID-Needham.
These areas include Inventory Management, Procurement and Oversight of all desktop computers, printers, phones and other equipment; Naming and management of MEDITECH devices including printers and client sessions; Oversight of hardware budgets and spending related to technical equipment; Manage and supervise technical staff; Development, management, and support of build out for virtual server environments; Virtual server farm at BIDMC Boston and for CommunityONE; Oversight and management of software licensing and monthly/annual true up with vendors and BIDMC; Management of hospital and off site location moves/relocations; Department policy creation and maintenance; Oversight of hospital data networks including wireless, Telecommunications, IS Security, Desktop Development, Identity Access Management, and Messaging; Relationship must be developed and maintained with BIDMC (BIDMC provides and manages data network, Telecommunications, IS Security, Desktop Development, and IAM); Local switch port capacity, ip cheming/naming, troubleshooting; Management of computers on wheels (COW's) and strategies related to maintaining 100% uptime; Other technical requirements as defined by operational or strategic projects at BID-Needham Participates in On Call as tier one support escalating to tier two analysts as needed.Essential Responsibilities:
- Inventory Management, Procurement and Oversight
- Hardware Budget Oversight ' Execution and Management
- Development and management of build out for virtual server environments
- Oversight and management of software licensing and monthly/annual 'true up' with vendors and BIDMC
- Management of hospital and off site location moves/relocations
- Directs, manages and develops technical staff
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has authority to undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: One Indirect Reports: 1-5
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in or equivalent preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required in In a healthcare or similar setting and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Experience with desktop inventory management. Experience with technical management including data networks (wired and wireless).
- Excellent verbal and written communication, judgment, and organizational skills. Proven ability to lead successful projects and teams.
- Practiced in the use of MS Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint, and Project.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Experience with MEDITECH device and printer management.
- Familiarity with Help Desk ticketing systems like ServiceNow.
Physical Nature of the Job:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Posting ID: 556732161Posted: 2020-05-22