The successful candidate will be a part of the North America Project Proposals team working under the direction of the Proposal Manager for Water and Renewable Energy Proposals. Responsibilities will include development of project specific offerings for North America water (primary responsibility) and renewable energy (secondary responsibility) control systems. This position will have overall accountability for the technical and commercial offering including bill of materials, system layout drawings, technical compliance, Enterprise Estimating Tool (EET) reports, cost estimates and pricing, contractual terms, and writing and assembling the technical and commercial portion of the proposal narrative.
- Ensure that all aspects of proposal preparation and approvals are executed accurately, completely, on time, ethically, and in accordance with PWS quality procedures.
- Prepare control system offers in response to customer requests for proposals in the North America Market under direction of the Proposal Manager.
- Receive customer inquiries and interpret customer specifications and drawings for technical proposals.
- Support customer site visits and walk-throughs.
- Apply process and product knowledge when preparing technical proposals.
- Develop best cost solutions to meet customer needs.
- Develop bills-of-materials, technical compliance, layout drawings, and all other required offer documentation in response to specifications.
- Accurately estimate project costs.
- Prepare pre-qualification submittals and supporting marketing collateral to position Emerson favorably to win future business.
- Interface with other departments in North America, Costa Rica, and other world areas.
- Work effectively with sales, engineering and project personnel.
- Effectively present costs, risks, and differentiators to key decision makers.
- Develop winning proposals; define proposal strategies and provide input to support pricing discussions.
- Prepare responses to customer inquiries and requests for changes.
- Support negotiations with customers.
- Review purchase orders to ensure they accurately reflect the offer.
- Prepare and submit order entry paperwork
- Support internal and customer kick-off meetings.
Provide assistance in the development of the commercial proposal strategy that mitigates project commercial risk exposure and best positions the execution team to allow scope and profitability growth. Qualifications :Requirements
- BS in Engineering or related field
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite of tools, especially Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable in controls and PLC/DCS/SCADA, 3rd party integration, applications and interfaces, industrial networking, instrumentation, and processes associated with water and renewable energy plants preferred.
At least 9 years related experience in control system engineering and proposals Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.