Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Provide guidance and direction to location leadership in order to effectively and profitably manage the business, finances, marketing, customer growth, and people resources. Provide direction and assistance with short-term planning as well as the achievement of annual sales revenue, production targets, and Profit & Loss (P&L) goals. Foster a sense of ownership in the location and pride in the staff, manage costs in a disciplined manner, and encourage profitable case volume growth. Manages location management at multiple locations and multiple lines of business within the Funeral Home industry.
Business and Financial Management
• Work with Market Leadership to understand long-term and short-term business goals and operational priorities in order to provide guidance to location leadership
• Provides advice, guidance, and approves annual business plans, budgets, financial, production, and revenue goals
• Accountable for monitoring and achieving annual financial goals within Area of Responsibility (AOR)
• Responsible for transferring financial knowledge and how daily activities impact financial outcomes to location leadership to facilitate making appropriate sustainable business decisions
• Approve expenditures and invoices
• Provides marketing, advertising, community, and customer guidance to location leadership
• Leverages corporate and market resources to expand brand and product awareness in order to increase sales and market share
• Develop and implement plans to improve customer satisfaction index and on-line community reviews
• Resolves complex problems providing resolution guidance to location leadership and empowering accountability
• Assure the location's operating practices comply with applicable federal & state regulations and Company policies
• Assure safety, quality control, and compliance standards are adhered
Collaboration and Communication
• Collaborate with colleagues and market leadership to remove operational barriers, encourage ideas, and business or operational enhancements
• Work with Market Leadership and Corporate Departments on product, process, and technology needs and improvements
• Develop and implement communication plans for key initiatives and change management
• Oversee implementation of initiatives and manage change providing leadership and guidance as needed.
• Responsible for communicating long-term strategy and annual goals to location leadership; assist staff with further cascading and messaging
• Develop a strong, trusting, empowered, and reliable team
• Understand team members career aspirations and provide assignments to develop skills and/or close gaps
• Constructively address issues and provide tangible and appropriate feedback
• Develop frontline supervisors' proactive and collaborative management style in order to increase employee engagement and minimize turnover
• Monitor training and licensing requirements ensuring staff is re-trained/licensed prior to expiration
• Responsible for screening candidates (internal and external) and hiring or promoting a skilled and effective staff
• Establishes pay, recommends pay increases, special pays, and career advancements
• Discipline staff as necessary
• Writes development plans to close behavior or skill gaps
• Collaborates with Human Resources throughout discipline, development, and termination processes
• Recommends and discusses terminations with Market Leadership
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Technical schooling diploma Funeral Services/Mortuary Science preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Mortuary Science where required by state law
• Pursuing an Associate's Degree in Finance, Marketing, Business or related discipline strongly preferred
• Applicable state Funeral Director licensure required
• At least eleven (11) years industry experience with progressively increased customer facing responsibilities with
• At least six (6) years experience managing people and effectively managing budgets and expense control required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of industry competitive pricing, demographic patterns, and market competition
• Knowledgeable in Financial and Business acumen
• Professional interpersonal skills as well as cultural sensitivity and tactfulness to interact with a variety of cultures and language barriers
• Proficient in MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Working beyond "standard" hours as the need arises
• Travel up to 75%
Postal Code: 19606
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-PA - Reading
Req ID: Req.85924
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V