Associate NOC AdministratorJob ID:
Bethpage, NY 11714
Due to COVID-19, we are prioritizing Internal AUSA candidates for the first 10 business days.
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
Under supervision of NOC Lead Admin and/or NOC Manager, the NOC Admin I will perform 3rd level support of network infrastructure. This individual will provide an advanced level of technical experience and in-depth knowledge in service specific, such as Voice Service, Video Service, or OOL Service, and the network specific infrastructure and the interrelated disciplines allowing for efficient and effective troubleshooting and restoration of outage conditions.
This individual will also work with neighboring NOC Tier Support teams to efficiently diagnose and resolve basic service impacting issues.
This individual will perform basic service level triage and troubleshooting and will provide technical guidance to Network Management operational departments with regard to either iO, or VoD and Video, or OOL, or VoIP, or Wi-Fi and/or other Cablevision product offerings.
The NOC Admin I will execute processes and procedures as outlined by NOC management and where fit, and will make suggestions as to updates to these procedures.Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Perform 3rd level network support including conducting daily administrative duties, supporting maintenances, perform monitoring, troubleshooting and break-fix of all service specific, Voice, Data, or Video network infrastructure.
- Employ in-depth knowledge specific to the service being supported to troubleshoot and resolve customer impacting/potentially customer impacting issues.
- React quickly, efficiently and effectively to alarms received for supported infrastructure.
- Document system problems, escalate and take appropriate actions according to departmental procedures.
- Work closely with the Technical Support Group, NOC Level 2 & 3 Technical Team, NOC Technicians and responsible business departments (BISC, Digital Services, OSP, ISP, COMM Desk) during all outage conditions. Identify problems with respect to Network Backbone, RF Plant and CMTS/Hardware, video infrastructure, provisioning, BISC Server and applications. Coordinate with the applicable departments to ensure that all possibilities/issues are communicated. Perform necessary checks to validate resolutions.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- 24 x 7 day and night rotating shifts may be required.
- Operation, administration and maintenance of all production systems including installation of server hardware and software.
- They are also responsible for customer care, troubleshooting and problem resolution for all iO customers, where applicable.
- Participate in special projects, maintenance activities and perform other duties as directed by management.
- Address service specific network issues quickly, efficiently and effectively while working towards preventing recurrences.
- Self development in line with the demands of the department.
- Follow the process and contribution to process improvement.
- BS/BA in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Communications or equivalent work experience required.
- 4+ years network and/or UNIX system administration required.
- CCNA a plus when this position applies to Network Infrastructure, but not required if the position applies to Digital Services supporting iO service.
- Cable / MSO experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to interact with senior staff and with technical/engineering personnel.
- Knowledge in TCP/IP, OSPF, RIP, ACLs, Routing, DHCP, IP Subnetting.
- Cisco CLI and applicable management interfaces.
- Basic level knowledge in broadband concepts as it relates to Digital RF Modulations as well as their applications.
- Knowledge of DOCSIS a plus.
- Ability to understand technical system interrelationships and quickly assess impact of subsystem performance on overall system.
- Ability to work an extended and flexible work schedule is required.
- Ability to develop and create Database systems as required.
Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good programming skills (Shell, UNIX, Perl, PHP) may be required.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Join our Talent Community and receive job alerts when we have new opportunities that match your interests.
Share This Page
- Careers Home
- Students & Grads
- Employee Portal
Cheddar Optimum Suddenlink Altice Business a4 News 12 Networks i24 NEWS
Copyright Altice USA - All rights reserved.
Altice is anequal opportunity employer