SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor - supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States - as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.At SpartanNash, relationships matter,
and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. We're always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
A day in the life of the Technical Delivery Manager is never the same but, in this role, you will be responsible for managing the development deliverables across multiple projects and development teams. SpartanNash's Supply Chain function includes procurement, order management, warehouse management, transportation management, forecast and replenishment and billing. Each sub-function within the Supply Chain Systems organization manages a significant amount of custom development as well as interfaces, and this role will function as the primary point of coordination for managing technical delivery. The technical delivery manager will work with project managers and delivery sub-teams to translate solution design down into developmental tasks, capture the tasks in a delivery management tool and ensure delivery teams meet the project delivery timeline.What You'll Do:
Sound Like You? Here's what you'll need:
- Create and manage tasks for each technical deliverable in the project plan. Should be conversant in breaking down complex deliverable into trackable tasks.
- Work with technical leads of development teams to plan resourcing needs, time estimates for each resource.
- Manage resource assignment to tasks for a deliverable and their work to assure completion of tasks to provide the deliverable.
- Track development progress at task level and deliverable level with an ability to provide current status at any given point of time with an ETA for each deliverable. Provide solutions to any resourcing or schedule challenges for a fixed deadline deliverable.
- Identify and document the dependencies between deliverables, document/execute an action plan to manage the dependencies as not to deviate from the overall delivery schedule.
Identify and execute specific action plans to bring delivery on track for off-track deliverables. Document lessons learned and use them in realistic manner to avoid similar situations in future.
Document bottlenecks/showstopper/pain-points in delivery and the resolution procedure. Train the team on known issues and resolution techniques.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure the cadence of each deliverable is managed to align with project timeline and provide updates to project managers for delivery issues and resolution plans.
- Provide a direction to the teams to manage the dependencies between deliverables. Provides solutions or helps to arrive at solutions for conflict of priorities.
Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise team members and contractors, and influence them to assure the delivery of their tasks.
- Manage all the work in a central project/issue management tool such as Jira, to keep the progress transparent to teams and uses that tool as single source of truth to assure delivery.
Identify long-term resource bottlenecks and work with delivery team leads to recommend plans for resource expansion requirements or flex resourcing approaches.
- Improve the development process efficiency with tools and techniques such as Kanban boards, product backlogs, Gantt charts, Resource planning, WBS, and Issue Logs.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree (Required) Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Five years' experience of technical delivery directly managing technical development teams. Experience with managing near shore / offshore resource models.
- Solid understanding of SDLC with hands on experience in programming and use of development management tools. Experience in any supply chain application such as EXE, SAP or Oracle with good understanding of SCM business processes.
- Hands on experience in testing life cycle including Unit, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of interdependencies of modules/sub-systems. Technical experience in Mainframes, RPG and legacy ERP systems preferred.
Posting ID: 556732535Posted: 2020-05-22