SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor - supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States - as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.Through our MDV military division,
SpartanNash is a leading distributor of grocery products to U.S. commissaries around the world. Providing service to both the U.S. and overseas locations, we are a purpose-driven, team-centered organization that respects individuality, demands integrity, encourages innovation and celebrates success. We exist to serve our military heroes and their families, whether at home or abroad.
A day in the life of warehouse maintenance is never the same but, in this role, you would be expected to Install, maintain and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in the interior or exterior of the distribution facility.What you'll Do:
Sound Like You? Here's what you'll need:
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment to install new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs or replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- One (1) year Maintenance experience or related technical school certification
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Oral and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must frequently sit, walk and stand, use hands to handle, grasp, and twist objects, tools, or controls, and use both feet for repetitive movements as in operating foot controls. Must frequently walk, talk, crouch, kneel, bend, stoop, twist, and reach with the hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds with assistance as needed. While performing the duties of this position, employees are subject to a warehouse environment and frequently exposed to changes in temperature and humidity. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Employees must be able to work weekends, holidays, days and night hours, and overtime as necessary and as assigned, and must be able to work in the condition specified for 8-10 hours shift.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more!
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!