Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Provides administrative and clerical support to a funeral home, cemetery, crematory or a combination of these facilities. Duties include greeting the public and providing general information on services offered in a polite manner with a goal to meet and exceed customer expectations.
• Prepares death certificates, prayer cards and related documents
• Completes required permits and or certificates
• Prepares and processes Veteran's Paperwork
• Prepares marker monument placement paperwork
• Ensures required documentation to support requested products and services are accurate and complies with state/federal regulations and company rules
• Prepares and distributes daily schedules, reports, and documents
• Receives and processes payments and contracts
• Coordinates the ordering of memorials and related products and the control of storage inventory for vaults and markers
• Orders office supplies
• Oversees the processing of installation orders to grounds and maintenance departments
• Processes accounts payable transactions
• Assists with the preparation of obituaries
• Assists Location Management, Sales, Family Service Counselors and payroll as needed
• Acts as backup to Receptionist
• Greets family members and friends
• Communicates client family's needs promptly and accurately to the appropriate staff member
• Conveys a sense of concern and empathy with client family members at all times
• Responds to customer inquiries via telephone, internet and in person
• Maintains professional and cooperative relationships with county clerk, medical examiner and physicians
• High School or equivalent
• 1 - 2 years of experience in an office clerical or customer service capacity required
• Experience working in a customer-focused and fast-paced professional environment required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Working knowledge of office equipment including computers, calculators, copiers, printers, and fax machines at a level consistent with experience
• MS Office Suite experience preferred
• Basic mathematics skills required
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
• High level of compassion and integrity
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Postal Code: 95125
Category (Portal Searching): Administration and Clerical
Job Location: US-CA - San Jose
Req ID: Req.85222
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 556732690Posted: 2020-05-22