Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Performs all embalming activities of the deceased correctly and respectfully.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cares for deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which include: verifying identification and embalming authorization; performing restorations; completing removals and transfers; dressing, styling hair and or applying cosmetics, and; any other preparation required for human remains
- Adheres to all applicable professional, municipal, state/provincial and federal licensing authority regulations
- Assists with maintenance of preparation room and the facility
- Cleans soiled equipment and hazardous material spills
- Ensures hazardous materials and spills are handled in accordance with the Material Data Safety Sheets
- Assists with chemical and supply inventory
- Receives caskets and other funeral home supplies
- Promotes a safe work environment by being aware of and practicing universal precautions and adopting general principles of safe conduct
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduation from accredited mortuary college or other degree as required by state/province law
- Embalmer, Apprentice experience as required by state/provincial law
- 2 years of experience in a 200-call minimum/year funeral firm embalming facility preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must meet all licensing requirements in applicable state/province as required by law and as prescribed by each state board
- Current state/province issued driver's license
- Acceptable driving record
- Ability to lift over 75 pounds
- Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
Postal Code: V5G 3M1
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: CA-BC - Burnaby
Req ID: Req.86083Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life."SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 556732744Posted: 2020-05-22