Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Become a knowledgeable product and services sales professional in the funeral services industry guiding families through decisions during an emotional and difficult time.
• Learn, apply, and demonstrate knowledge of regulations, company standards & processes, and industry product and services. Attend and actively participate in trainer lead instruction on products, services, cultures, ceremonies, regulations, and procedures as well as communication and soft skill learning to diplomatically facilitate conversations and decision making during a family's emotional event. Pass examination of Rose Hills' products and services.
• Cross train in multiple departments to observe, learn, and participate in arrangement meetings and funeral services. Timely, set-up, take-down and/or clean chairs, tables, flower arrangements, guest books, memorabilia, and casket for visitations, funerals, services, and receptions ensuring the expectations of the customer are exceeded. Additional responsibilities as requested.
• Shadow Arrangement Counselor's and observe funeral arrangement discussions. Post discussion, use this opportunity to ask questions and further develop understanding of products, services, regulations, and processes.
• Manage the discussion and selling of products and services to bereaved families. Post discussion, use this opportunity to ask questions and further develop understanding of products, services, regulations, and processes.
Experience and Education:
• Bilingual in English and Spanish/Korean/French/Chinese/other is required
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; two year of college or associates degree preferred
• At least two (2) years' experience in sales, hospitality, or customer service; work experience in the mortuary/funeral industry is a plus
Abilities and Skills:
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
• Professional and approachable interpersonal skills to deal with a variety of cultures, personalities, and language barriers under emotional distress
Work Schedule & Environment:
• Must be able to work weekends and evenings on a rotating basis
Postal Code: 91801
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-CA - Alhambra
Req ID: Req.73934
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 556732764Posted: 2020-05-22