The Radiochemistry Core is recruiting for a Core Staff Scientist in Tampa, FL. Job Details:
The Radiochemistry Core is seeking a talented research radiochemist. The position requires the ability to work in the field of preclinical nuclear medicine in support of basic and translational cancer research. The candidate will also be required to develop and optimize radiochemistry protocols under the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) current good manufacturing practice (CGMP) regulations in support of clinical trials. Experience in CGMP documentation, manufacturing process optimization and automation are needed. This position will work closely with imaging scientists from the SAIL, nuclear medicine physicians, radiation safety officials and Moffitt investigators to assure the reliable use of radiopharmaceutical agents in the research areas of cancer biology, drug discovery, medical physics, molecular imaging and nuclear medicine. The position will include a significant responsibility for coordination of the translational process, including the generation, review, submission, and implementation of Standard Operating Procedure's (SOP's), and preparation of Chemistry Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) documentation. Responsibilities Include:
Minimum Qualifications (Must Have)
- Synthesize generic and novel PET/SPECT radiopharmaceuticals.
- Synthesize generic and novel theranostic radiopharmaceuticals.
- Purify small and large molecules.
- Perform analytical methods: HPLC, GC and TLC.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the manufacture of radiopharmaceuticals.
- Formulate radiopharmaceuticals for administration.
- Operate and maintain automated radiochemistry synthesis units.
- Maintain experience with a broad range of isotopes and labeling methods including:
- a. F-18 small molecule and click chemistries.
- b. Radiometal chelation (e.g. Ga-68, In-111, Zr-89, Cu-64, Ac-225, etc.)
- Work with appropriate personnel to install, qualify and maintain equipment on-site.
- Operate and calibrate laboratory instruments and equipment to produce accurate results.
- Maintain CGMP compliance.
- Generate CMC documentation.
- MS in Chemistry, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Physics, Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear Pharmacy or equivalent, with 5 years of total science experience.Or PhD with 3 years realted Core experience.
- Strong experience with laboratory procedures and radiochemistry techniques, including synthesis, chelation, separation and analytics.
- A strong background in radiation safety principles, isotope production, and troubleshooting and maintenance of analytical equipment.
- Familiarity with FDA CGMP manufacturing environment and regulations.
- Proven track record of contribution to manuscripts.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Nuclear Physics, Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear Pharmacy or equivalent, with 5 years of radiochemistry experience.
- Experience in preclinical nuclear medicine instrumentation and methodology.
- Experience in the field of cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Experience in nuclear imaging.
- Experience in radiopharmaceutical study design and execution.
- Technical abilities to work with small animals.
Posting ID: 556732772Posted: 2020-05-22