Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Safely and courteously, drives bereaved family members to funeral services, visitations, and receptions. Maintains company vehicles.
• Drive company-owned professional vehicles safely to transport bereaved family members to funeral services, visitations, and receptions as well as during funeral processions. May pick up and return family members to their place of residence.
• Consistently punctual and arrives on or before appointments
• Courteously and professionally interacts with bereaved family members; exhibits sensitivity to environment; minimizes conversation; assists passengers with exiting and entering vehicles and may hold passenger's hand, arm, or umbrella, providing care to elderly or special needs
• May load and unload family mementos or flowers and assist with bringing into family's residence
• Transports and delivers caskets to airports, care centers, or cemeteries; may assist with moving caskets
• Couriers documents, family mementos, or flowers to and from Funeral Home and family's residence
• May assist Removal Technician with driving or lifting and transporting
• Washes, vacuums, and cleans vehicles ensuring vehicle is presentable
• Fuels vehicles as necessary. Follows safety guidelines. Follows expenditure processes
• Maintains passenger comfort supplies, such as tissues, water, or umbrellas
• Identifies vehicle engine or operating issues to management; drives vehicles for repair or inspection
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Current state/province issued driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Chauffer's license as required by state/province law
• At least one (1) year work experience as a courier, driver, or with direct customer interaction strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Physical effort requiring attention to driving hazards, traffic, and weather conditions
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds; push/pull up to 200 pounds
• Frequent continuous period of standing or sitting up to two hours
• Ability to work both indoors and outdoors regardless of weather conditions
• Ability to work weekends and evenings to accommodate business needs
• Ability to effectively self-manage time and resources ensuring work is efficiently completed
• Basic computer skills helpful
• Significant amount of local travel required
Postal Code: 79761
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-TX - Odessa
Req ID: Req.82659
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 556732912Posted: 2020-05-22