Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Clackamas Milk Plant, located in Clackamas, OR has an opening for a Plant Supervisor.
Position Purpose: Responsible for the coordination of various manufacturing and warehouse functions within a single large, complex and fast paced production facility to drive maximum financial results and deliver a quality on-time product for customers.
- BS/BA preferred in Food Science or related field of study. Experience may substitute for education.
- Minimum three years supervision/management in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven production and manufacturing experience within a food or beverage manufacturing environment.
- Basic food microbiology knowledge.
- Ability to direct a diverse unionized work force.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Proven management, interpersonal, coaching and team building skills.
- Ability to interface with regulatory agencies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS applications including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to grasp additional business-related applications.
- Ability to work with M3 and Factory Track RMP systems.
- Willingness to work nonstandard work hours and holidays.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a positive workplace, within a manufacturing environment, that promotes safety, quality, trust and teamwork.
- Ensure adherence to Safeway manufacturing policies and procedures.
- Provide superior customer service to Safeway's retail management team by proving a quality product in a routinely timely manner.
- Empower plant associates by building strong teams committed to manufacturing a superior product. Also responsible for assigning accountability, training & development, coaching and implementing the CBA.
- Utilize new ideas or technology and Lean manufacturing principles & processes available to maximize plant efficiency.
- Ensure production of a quality product in compliance with Safeway, Federal and State guidelines.
- Ensure regulatory compliance as appropriate (OSHA, EPA, FDA, USDA, HACCP, Etc.).
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.